• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 comber

comber

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:23 AM

so has fried to chip inside xbox tried all varations chip on ,off ,,,etc ,just getting 05 error
so was going to try and lock th hdd by Xboxhdm method ,problem conmuter is all sata cabled inside
no ide..did order the 2 in 1 IDE to SATA / SATA to IDE Converter Adapter..would that work
are would i need to use Xboxhdm2.2 (USB Edition) ..which i have not got a clue about
i do have a back up of the eeprom hdd pass ,,etc
thank you

#2 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

My guess is English isn't your first language? Are you trying to upgrade to a larger drive or doing a first softmod? I guess the first.

xboxhdm 2.2 comes with a tutorial inside the download. Read that as a starting point.

#3 comber

comber

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:46 AM

PS ,,,yes english is my language see your screen namer suites you IDIOT,,ITS NOT CALLED NEWBIE chat FOR NOTHING..
yes i am trying to add a bigger hdd from a old xbox the hdd is not locked ...hence the need of trying to hotswap

to try and lock it ,,as i said most computers have ide cables inside ,,mine is sata cabled ..

Edited by comber, 27 July 2012 - 01:46 AM.

#4 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:18 AM

That is no way to get off on a good foot here, or anywhere. You were not being insulted, although you were happy to do so in return.

newbie ≠ poor posting ≠ rude.. ..although you've clearly hit the trifecta.

Common courtesy (and sense) dictate that, at least, an attempt at making a readable post is desired to get information in return.

Try again when your posting privileges return. Or don't.

Edited by Xombe, 27 July 2012 - 05:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users