Photo

:uhh: Xbox Live Communicator Kit, Headphones Used In Game?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rewind94

rewind94

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

OK. Basicaly i want to have a headphones to use on my xbox. i want it to be full compatibly ( what i mean by that is that it works in all games and can listen to music in XBMC etc) Now i know i could use a RCA to headphone jack converter, but what i want to know is if an xbox live communicator kit and plug headphones into that and use them as fully compatible headphones, even for listening to music in XBMC

#2 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

Wait for confirmation before dismissing the idea but I think the answer is no it doesn't work.

I can't be sure because the Live kit I have was supplied as an unlisted freebe with the last used Xbox I bought off eBay. So whether it is working correctly I have no idea.

All I know is that I was playing around with it for the first time only this week and I couldn't get anything out using the UnleashX dash or XBMC. So I'm assuming it only works online.

Horrible piece of design and why the non-standard mini-jack?

IMHO you'd be far better off either getting the audio via the TV if that has a headphone jack, alternatively get some headphones with built in amp or best solution: using the S/PDIF/TOSLink optical out + decent AV/headphone amp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users