• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 crawford

crawford

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

I'm having issues trying to read the nand off my xbox with the Matrix NAND Flasher. Whenever I try to read the nand I get an the error message "Could not detect flash controller! Can not continue". I've checked the soldering multiple times and have even resoldered a few times just to be sure. No issues when trying continuity checks with the multimeter. I've plugged in the power to the xbox, plugged in the ROL, didn't turn the xbox on and have tried reading using nandpro 2.0e. The drivers are all installed and I can see it under Device Manager. Xbox still turns on and boots up to the dashboard with no issues. Not sure where to go from here. sad.gif Any help would be much appreciated.

Here are some pics of the soldering job:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

backside of the board

IPB Image

IPB Image

#2 Dicko316

Dicko316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

What model xbox are your trying to dump?

Is the light on the power brick Orange?

Have you tried connecting to the PC different ways?
eg unplug usb from pc, unplug xbox, plug in xbox, then plug in usb. Then try nand pro again.
or unplug both, then plug in usb, then plug in xbox. Then try again.

Have you tried different versions of nandpro eg version d or a?

#3 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:27 AM

heaven lord have mercy. Those wires are stripped way too much! We therefore cannot rule out user error due to hardware or software.

Softwre wise would be you installing incorect drivers. Hardware means anything with the way your wires are.

#4 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

I can tell you for one, If the wires on the side of the matrix spi nand flasher are touching that heatsink you have it resting on. Then , it'll throw a whole bunch of read errors. it's shorting to the heatsink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users