• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 pushbombshell

pushbombshell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

I'm planning on getting a Halo 4 LE xbox, doing so renders my phat elite useless, so I plan on flashing its drive and using it as a "try before you buy" box.
I've heard of little finicky trouble with the philips lite on drives and I'd like some clarifications,
For lite on drives specifically, I need an Xtractor? (if so I have my eyes on a cheap USB Xtractor, if anyone know of any cheap alternatives or work arounds they'd be much appreciated.)
After getting which I need to take the DVD drive out of the xbox, though still attached and power it up with an open drive to use the Xtractor?
if I have that wrong a link to a better explanation or corrections would help, but another thing that I'm wondering,
I've heard of people using nForce motherboards for the actual flashing of the drives thanks to a VIA SATA chipset and I just so happen to be using an nForce 740i / ASRock N7AD-SLI, could I use this to connect the drive for flashing or is it only specific nForce boards?

Thanks for taking the time to read,
Any and all help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advanced,
Bombshell

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:37 AM

"Try before you buy", eh?

Pirates aren't welcome here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users