jonesy827

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:31 AM

I have recently unfortunately had a bad flash on a JTAG Jasper that I purchased, and unfortunately there is no LPT cable, and I have very shaky hands so cannot solder. I ordered the USB SPI Nand Flasher Solderless kit, but since I have not flashed a console before, I wanted to be sure I was not missing anything.

Since the JTAG wires are already in place, is it still possible to flash using the SPI without undoing the JTAG wires?

I don't have the original NAND dump, but I have the old 9199 dash that flashed successfully. I assume it would be just fine to flash this via the SPI flasher?

It is a 512MB JTAG, and I know I will have to hold the pins in place while it flashes. How long does it normally take with the USB SPI flasher?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 carlitoB

carlitoB

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

first thing to try is booting xell. turn your system on by pressing eject. if xell boots you have nothing to worry about with wiring etc... you can flash your nand through xell with a usb stick. rename your hacked 9199 dash as updflash.bin and put on usbstick and xell should flash it for you. give this a go 1st, if it doesnt work, then we can go into more options...

#3 jonesy827

jonesy827

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Sorry, I had forgot to post that I could not boot xell or to dash. It gets 1RLOD. I will post the error code when I get home, but when I looked it up it was for either bad gpu or bad flash.

#4 jonesy827

jonesy827

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

Turns out it was the 3RLOD. IT does the main bootup sequence lights on the rings only with no video output. The error code is 1020.

Thanks again for the help.

Edited by jonesy827, 03 August 2012 - 06:43 PM.

#5 jonesy827

jonesy827

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

OK, I just finally got it out to do a few boot tests. I had taken the error code I mentioned earlier from my search history, but it is acting much differently. When I boot to xell, it comes with no green lights, then all four green lights show for 10 seconds or so, and then it goes into a ring of light error. The first try I got 3RLOD, and it will not display an error code. The second time I got 2RLOD, no error code.

This time, booting with the power button makes the four lights come on solid, and then it switches to three lights, and sometimes comes up with the red light error, sometimes it just hangs.

I assume I am going to need to do a flash, I'm hoping it won't take too long as holding those solderless pins on the motherboard for along time could be annoying, but it will be worth it.

Unless anyone has any other ideas? I'm going to try it tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users