Photo

Xbox 1 Controller Dead - 360 > Xbox 1 Adaptor Possible?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HerrMansen

HerrMansen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

My old Xbox 1 controllers are (near)dead at this point and I can barely press down some of the buttons. Now instead of buying an overpriced third party controller (if I can even find one) from madkatz or the like, I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to adapt a 360 controller to work with the Xbox 1 (commercially or by hand - either is fine), or if getting a PS2 > Xbox adaptor is the best bet?

Thoughts? Ideas? happy.gif

#2 eitsuop

eitsuop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

I don't think it is possible to use the 360's controller on the original xbox. The original xbox has no way of using wireless controllers unless they have a dongle. I believe you'd have to make a custom dongle for your controller, which is near next to impossible. I don't believe you can use a USB 360 controller either.

Also, using a PS2 controller (with an adapter) on the xbox has not worked for me. You could try it, though.

Amazon has used first party S controllers, for about 10 bucks. I'd buy one off there, ebay, or try to find a local used videogame store. A store in my area sells used controllers for 7 dollars, so look around.

http://www.amazon.co...duckduckgo-d-20

As always, thanks for posting on the forums.

#3 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

I've just been on eBay (UK) and there are plenty of used official MS original Xbox and third party controllers still available, some new too. You can even get used Xboxes for <25 delivered with one or more controllers included.

I'm sure there must be similar offers available from whichever European eBay you use and some of UK sellers probably ship to EU addresses too.

That's got to be the better bet than messing around with dodgy adapters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users