• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bikerboy989

bikerboy989

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:07 AM

Hi dudes, so this is whats'up : I bought an original Xbox controller (the obese one) for my classic Xbox . Problem is, when i press A (or any other button that give access to an option, like black or start),it automatically activates the B button aswell !Causing to immediately cancel the last action . I opened up the controller, and everything is flawless, i removed also the carbon -like black skin that is glued under the buttons, dipped my finger in spit and tried pressing each button individually, everyone works like a charm, except for the A...Which like i said, activates the B button aswell...Tried changing the break-away cable...Nothing... Any suggestion ?

#2 eitsuop

eitsuop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:26 AM

That is really bizarre. Is it possible that any wires are damaged in the cord?

#3 bikerboy989

bikerboy989

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE(eitsuop @ Aug 3 2012, 05:26 AM) View Post

That is really bizarre. Is it possible that any wires are damaged in the cord?

In the sense that two wires are touching eachother ? Doesen't seem like it . The cord looks intact, besides every other command works perfectly, i doubt that some cables inside the cord, got ripped because of too much abuse and now are touching eachother .I agree that this is very common, because the cord is subject to a lot of stress in any kind of controller, but this one is new, so...I'm back to the drawing board tongue.gif .Someone with a lot of knowledge in electronics, should give me a tip, because it's obvious that something went wrong in the manufacturing process of the board on which the comands of the controller reside on...Could it have some circuits, built INSIDE the board, and so are invisible to the eye ? But before considering that, i should rule out, the possibility that the exterior circuits aren't subject to malfunction, due to some..I don't know..Soldering error ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users