• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CrossBox21

CrossBox21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

Hey guys, I have two Xboxes laying around here, a 1.0 or 1.1, and a 1.6. The disc drive in my 1.6 went out, so I replaced it with the drive in the earlier model. That was a few years ago, and now I have a driveless Xbox waiting to be used. You can connect the dots from there smile.gif

So for this project, I had started off by cutting down the faceplate with a utility knife, as I had no dremel. ll I did was cut it over a few times, and pried it right off. I also did this for the back, and with a little sanding, it turned out great biggrin.gif

So with the back and faceplate done, I moved on to the sides. I cut the inside supports first with the knife, and I then cut the sides down with the knife. They turned out a little rough, (still are a little rough, needs more sanding) so I've slowly been progressing on that.

Here are some pics of it, from about a week ago:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I do plan on making this Xbox slimmer than it already is, since i only need one button. I took the yellow cables from my Xboxes, and cut the plugs off of one end. I plan on solderng these wires to the motherboard to make the daughter board "detached" from the Mother board.

IPB Image

I'm going to mount the daughter board under the 2.5" HDD mount that I will be making (Now that i have a dremel biggrin.gif) once I get a sheet of acrylic/plexiglass/plastic. I plan on doing a lot more things to this Xbox, such as adding USB and installing a md chip, LED's, etc. This might possibly be my "media center" Xbox as I am soft modding my 1.6. I am also planning on replacing the heat sinks for Vantec ones, and I am going to get capacitors with longer legs so I can lay them down. The power supply is my only worry for height at the moment. But I'll think of something smile.gif

Hope you like it, Happy Modding!

#2 Marcheslav

Marcheslav

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:44 AM

Nice and clean. Keep it coming its always nice to see a fat being modded.

#3 CrossBox21

CrossBox21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE(Marcheslav @ Aug 4 2012, 08:44 PM) View Post

Nice and clean. Keep it coming its always nice to see a fat being modded.

Thanks for the kind words smile.gif I would have worked on it today, but then came the rain sad.gif

#4 greyham_666

greyham_666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Xbox's (duh) :P<br />Retro Consoles<br />Gaming<br />Music<br />General Hacking<br />Retro-fitting Old Hardware<br /><br />
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE(CrossBox21 @ Aug 5 2012, 11:46 AM) View Post

Thanks for the kind words smile.gif I would have worked on it today, but then came the rain sad.gif

Very nice work.

Im myself am currently gathering the parts to do a slim mod myself. How did you go getting the xbox to boot without a disc drive?

Side note: if its raining atm, are you any were near Victoria Australia?

Good luck with further modding smile.gif

#5 CrossBox21

CrossBox21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE(greyham_666 @ Aug 5 2012, 01:09 AM) View Post

Very nice work.

Im myself am currently gathering the parts to do a slim mod myself. How did you go getting the xbox to boot without a disc drive?

Side note: if its raining atm, are you any were near Victoria Australia?

Good luck with further modding smile.gif

Thank you sir smile.gif I have not yet gotten to flashing the TSOP, as I am not very knowledgeable in that subject myself. I'm more of a hardware guy than anything lol. I'm going to be following the stickies in the TSOP Flashing section in one of the forums. There are also plenty of tutorials over at the xbox scene site, of which I have not looked through yet.

Heh, I am in a completely different hemisphere my friend. I live in Wisconsin, USA. Thank you, and good luck with yours too! smile.gif

#6 Marcheslav

Marcheslav

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

Either t s o p or a modchip. You can also just connect the DVD board

#7 CrossBox21

CrossBox21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE(Marcheslav @ Aug 5 2012, 02:09 AM) View Post

Either t s o p or a modchip. You can also just connect the DVD board

I'm just going with a mod chip.Probably an xecuter 2.6e

#8 Marcheslav

Marcheslav

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

Good luck finding one. The t s o p should not be too hard if you are careful and read all the instructions a few times. You might want to download h e x e n.

#9 Katherinejjm

Katherinejjm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:46 AM

Think I may be in love with this.
IPB Image
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users