• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sudobash

sudobash

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

I soldering on a replacement crystal oscillator on aa360 yesterday to bring it back to life but I was thinking of the research done on this type of hack and was wondering if anyone has any information on it. Does anyone know if anyone was ever successful to booting unsigned code to retrieve cpu and dvd key? I have some micro controllers and some parts to work with and I need to retrieve the dvd key from 2 units. I was thinking about creating a new kind of RGH that works straight with the oscillator to reduce soldering...

#2 ddsdavey

ddsdavey

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

Im gonna make a flying car this weekend,i get sick and tired of the busy roads!

#3 michael81

michael81

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

No one has ever done it. It is very hard to boot unsigned code. You need many things to be able to do it but it is not 100% sure. It might destroy the device

#4 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

clock crystals are really fiddly lill buggers. you put a switch inline with 1.. you mess it up. you decide to move it a bit so use some wires to extend the traces.. you messed it up.. you think il use 2 of these things here put a switch and a diode on there and you really mess it up..

basically IMO messing with the a clock crystal will probably result in failure, and if mot total failure then the most random results you ever found

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users