1tb Hdd On Nxe?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 guily666

guily666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Fuck XBox Live! Noobs pay, Noobs play, M$ say:<br />THANK U MISTER FOR MAKING ME A BILLION RICHER U FAG!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

Hey there.

Can a 1TB HDD internal SATA on xbox360 phat be used on NXE dash, so that I can manage the saves, since the CRAP FSD does nothing beside playing games and crashing, which pisses me off when I turn xbox1 with XBMC, which is like a complete OS, and can manage saves and more from it... sad.gif .

If yes, do I need to do anything to the HDD?

Let's say I just bought one, it most likely comes has a NTFS HDD. I just attach it in the HDD case and put it on my 360 and the FSD will detect it or something? (Will have to format it has XFAT before?)

ps: I don't want the HDD as a USB external... I want it INTERNAL on the SATA.
Keep Cool

Edited by guily666, 07 August 2012 - 04:14 PM.

#2 boflc

boflc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

as long as it's running a xebuild image, you can use whatever size drive you'd like on the hdd port.

you'd go into system settings, storage, and format the drive with the 360 itself.

i'm actually pretty grateful for fsd, so i'll try and provide my opinion re: your comments about it:
  • fsd is free
  • fsd does not crash on me. occasionally a game will crash, but i've got dashlaunch set to return to fsd on those.
  • you actually can go into the games list, hit Y, then "manage saves". i don't know exactly what you're trying to do, but you can do something in fsd with saves.
  • fsd is free, did i mention that?

#3 guily666

guily666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Fuck XBox Live! Noobs pay, Noobs play, M$ say:<br />THANK U MISTER FOR MAKING ME A BILLION RICHER U FAG!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE(boflc @ Aug 7 2012, 05:40 PM) View Post

as long as it's running a xebuild image, you can use whatever size drive you'd like on the hdd port.

you'd go into system settings, storage, and format the drive with the 360 itself.

i'm actually pretty grateful for fsd, so i'll try and provide my opinion re: your comments about it:
  • fsd is free
  • fsd does not crash on me. occasionally a game will crash, but i've got dashlaunch set to return to fsd on those.
  • you actually can go into the games list, hit Y, then "manage saves". i don't know exactly what you're trying to do, but you can do something in fsd with saves.
  • fsd is free, did i mention that?

THANKS for the info!

About FSD... What's the point of seeing a save of the game that you have in the games list and doesn't do nothing beside seeing it there...

Actually, I would pay right now 50$ for a true XBMC OS on 360 (natively coded, not the xbox1 emulator). I will be glad if something appears beside the crap FSD (PAID OR NOT).

Well FSD crashes 4 me and my friends a lot (4 me is like 10 crash per day), where actually the original M$ DASH never ever crashed me for years. I have the latest on everything... one of the Latest M$ DASH, Latest FSD, Latest DashLaunch... Everything is fresh installed, HDD formated, and 30 minutes after fresh install it's already crashing. (And I don't even had moded files, themes, plugins and that kind of stuff)...
Keep Cool

Edited by guily666, 07 August 2012 - 06:58 PM.

#4 boflc

boflc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

your experience with fsd is unique, i'm sorry to say.

if it weren't, #freestyledash on efnet would be inundated with folks claiming problems.

#5 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

sounds more like a bad hdd then an fsd problem.

#6 guily666

guily666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

I don't know what kind of consoles you guys have or even what kind of FSD.

On real life all i know is 3 people with RGH (including me).

We all experience crashes.

One day i jus went into advanced options of a game and bang crash... restart same thing crash... 3 times... Only the 4 time I could get there.

Never had HDD slowdown problems playing or anything. The HDD doesn't also has much use since it's a brand new 120GB hdd from M$ that I recieved cause the other got screwed from connecting it into the pc (a pin got broken).

Also on a forum from my country lot's of people claim LAG, CRASH and BUGS issues with FSD.

And actually I went in their forums, and there's actually lots talking about crashes, lag, and bugs...

Well I bet there isn't more there because just like me they don't even bother going into their forums reporting. If I actually go there and report everything that is bad, and what really must be added, they will probably BAN me so it's better not even going there to report that biggrin.gif

But having lot's of bugs in a dash that could do a lot of things in it wouldn't matter much (is fixable over time with updates). Now having a complete crap DASH that does barely not much more than the original M$ DASH is BAD.

ps: Most likely what FSD does is just adding shortcuts to stuff to run them, and not much more, and even that suck specially for the more than 1DVD games that need to use the swap plugin. We have to have two games in the list. In XBMC you could add shortcuts as easy as windows "add to desktop"... But in XBMC xbox didn't just runned the game executables, it runned a whole new level of apps made just for XBMC and not for xbox SDK... DAMN IT. It's just a wish something like that on the 360 wink.gif !
Keep Cool

Edited by guily666, 08 August 2012 - 03:15 AM.

#7 boflc

boflc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

well, this conversation is devolving into nothing constructive, so i'll help the downward spiral:

it's you or your hardware. fsd works. it works well.

the /only/ time i have seen fsd causing issues were because the game database got corrupted (a resetting of the database fixed it) and when the user had floating default.xex's that were stopping the scan process (which really wasn't an issue per se).

#8 guily666

guily666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

Well it can't be the hardware... i know 3 persons in real life with RGH, and we have same problems...

We all have phat Falcon 360's (ELITE VERSION)...

2of us including me have the latest coolrunner chip, and the other has other older chip.

And on forums I see lot's of people talking bad of FSD and reporting same problems.

ps: I Would prefer paying, but having a proper thing than having FSD, I wouldn't buy it for even 1$ since what it does I can just launch XEXMenu from NXE and open up the .xex files of games, that mostly what FSD does at all... (At least for now).

ABOUT THE HDD:

If I connect a SATA drive formated as NTFS, will the xbox be able to detect it and allow me to format it?

I'm thinking to buy one WD CaviarBlack SATA 7200rpm 750GB LATER when prices go down...
Keep Cool

Edited by guily666, 08 August 2012 - 10:03 PM.

#9 boflc

boflc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

re: the sane part of your post regarding the harddrive:
system settings/storage will detect any working sata drive and allow you to format this. i already responded to this.

re: the insane part of your post:
1) please reply with the location of these forums where fsd is being criticized.
2) xexmenu does not:
. recognize 4gb memunitint
. recognize transfer cables
. provide the ability to download and manage title updates
. provide the ability to download and manage covers
. have an extensible plugin interface (btw, fsd diskswapping works PERFECTLY for me and everyone i know)
. allow <gasp> save games to be managed
. have smb support
. have a nice filebrowser
. have the ability to rip games to a storage destination of your choice
. have active development .. at all
. have a dedicated support channel (#freestyledash on EFNET)

IPB Image

#10 guily666

guily666

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

Thks again for the info.

Aout FSD...

4 me:

SMB is BROKEN, lagged, and full of errors.

Updates have errors, so you chose update 5 out of 8 for example, but no matter what it seems to have the latest update... At least 4 me on COD MW2.

You erase all title updates from let's say CODMW2 (0, none in the list), and you open it, no matter what it seems the game is on latest version... Have to go to NXE and delete it there, or go into FSD, and manually do it in the file manager which takes TIME.

Plugins are most just a piece of crap, and have to be setted in the DashLaunch...

The FSD filebrowser is so nice that sometimes I even have to use XEXmenu for a few copy\paste things that FSD can't. And even worst, I made a backup of all my content and it didn't gave errors. When I go into the PC and see that all that was left from like my Forza4 folder is... JUST THE FOLDER, it didn't even copied my save, so I had to start it all over again... Thank you FSD... And I bet it's not just this game that it didn't copied...

And now the MISSING:

FSD does not open any file: txt, images, videos, music, it does completly NOTHING. On XBMC it even opened .rar files and extract them.

FSD does not run any apps, all it does is running .xex programs made from xsdk, it's not a TRUE OS, it's just like a complement to the NXE and nothing more, XBMC actually run code that aren't even meant for the XBOX to run, like running python, java, and tons of other things for real as a TRUE OS.

XBMC even had this:
<usepcdvdrom>true</usepcdvdrom>
(Yeah, I had a PC DVD burner in it, and no more reading errors with any kind of cd\dvd.) I wanna do the same on my 360, I already have PC molex power cables soldered in my 360, but with FSD, it will never ever get support for that.

ps: After having the xbox which was The Best Media Center for many years with XBMC, it's such a disappointment to have FSD in the xbox360 hopping it would become what xbox-xbmc failed... which is hardware to play more complex games and HD - HIGH DEFINITION.

ps2: Yeah it's FREE, but as I said I would and will pay 50$ if it's needed for a paid 360 SO, that actually unlock the full potencial of the console, I don't even give a damn for it's games which nowadays are like the PC version on minimum settings....
Keep Cool

Edited by guily666, 09 August 2012 - 03:15 AM.

#11 jaygriggs

jaygriggs

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:ummm xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

Those FSD guys have been working on the dash for a very long time with no compensation. Maybe you should save the $50 and code your own dash blink.gif

QUOTE(guily666 @ Aug 8 2012, 10:50 PM) View Post

Thks again for the info.

Aout FSD...

4 me:

SMB is BROKEN, lagged, and full of errors.

Updates have errors, so you chose update 5 out of 8 for example, but no matter what it seems to have the latest update... At least 4 me on COD MW2.

You erase all title updates from let's say CODMW2 (0, none in the list), and you open it, no matter what it seems the game is on latest version... Have to go to NXE and delete it there, or go into FSD, and manually do it in the file manager which takes TIME.

Plugins are most just a piece of crap, and have to be setted in the DashLaunch...

The FSD filebrowser is so nice that sometimes I even have to use XEXmenu for a few copy\paste things that FSD can't. And even worst, I made a backup of all my content and it didn't gave errors. When I go into the PC and see that all that was left from like my Forza4 folder is... JUST THE FOLDER, it didn't even copied my save, so I had to start it all over again... Thank you FSD... And I bet it's not just this game that it didn't copied...
And now the MISSING:

FSD does not open any file: txt, images, videos, music, it does completly NOTHING. On XBMC it even opened .rar files and extract them.

FSD does not run any apps, all it does is running .xex programs made from xsdk, it's not a TRUE OS, it's just like a complement to the NXE and nothing more, XBMC actually run code that aren't even meant for the XBOX to run, like running python, java, and tons of other things for real as a TRUE OS.

XBMC even had this:
<usepcdvdrom>true</usepcdvdrom>
(Yeah, I had a PC DVD burner in it, and no more reading errors with any kind of cd\dvd.) I wanna do the same on my 360, I already have PC molex power cables soldered in my 360, but with FSD, it will never ever get support for that.

ps: After having the xbox which was The Best Media Center for many years with XBMC, it's such a disappointment to have FSD in the xbox360 hopping it would become what xbox-xbmc failed... which is hardware to play more complex games and HD - HIGH DEFINITION.

ps2: Yeah it's FREE, but as I said I would and will pay 50$ if it's needed for a paid 360 SO, that actually unlock the full potencial of the console, I don't even give a damn for it's games which nowadays are like the PC version on minimum settings....
Keep Cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users