• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Averillar

Averillar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

My first post, so hopefully I am in the right forum. So much good information here! I have built an arcade box that is for drag racing(Fz4). I currently use the left trigger for the clutch. I have ran the signal for the left trigger through a double throw switch, when i flip the switch one way it runs through a 10K pot which i can adjust the clutch position (helps reduce wheel spin on launch). When I flip it the other way I run it through a normally closed switch (with a 11K resistor in series) which gives me on off control of the clutch (used for gears 2-6). The problem I am having is the shifts are very messy, almost like the clutch (switch) is not even depressed unless I adjust clutch axis deadzone (controller options within the game) outside down to about 40% everything clears up when I am in that range. This would be an acceptable solution if it didn't effect the resolution of the potentiometer. When I adjust the deadzone I don't have near the adjustment with the potentiometer. Am I using the wrong resistor, or is there something else I can do to keep from adjusting the deadzone?

Thanks-IPB Image

Edited by Averillar, 09 August 2012 - 12:43 AM.

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,791 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:01 AM

If I gather how you have that wired up there, because there's no way to tell from that pic, then the Series Resistor is causing the problem, because there should be no Resistor in series there anywhere. It should be done like this.

IPB Image

Provided it's a CG or CG2 version controller in there. For any other version controller you'd just swap AN+ and GND.

If you have it wired up differently please post a schematic, diagram or pics so I can see how you have done it there, as a pic of the outside of the case isn't very helpful with a technical issue like that. wink.gif

#3 Averillar

Averillar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE(RDC @ Aug 8 2012, 11:01 PM) View Post

If I gather how you have that wired up there, because there's no way to tell from that pic, then the Series Resistor is causing the problem, because there should be no Resistor in series there anywhere. It should be done like this.

Provided it's a CG or CG2 version controller in there. For any other version controller you'd just swap AN+ and GND.

If you have it wired up differently please post a schematic, diagram or pics so I can see how you have done it there, as a pic of the outside of the case isn't very helpful with a technical issue like that. wink.gif

Thanks RDC, I wasn't feeding the AN+ into the pushbutton circuit. That cured my problem biggrin.gif

#4 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,791 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:55 AM

Welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users