25 replies to this topic

#1 Barbecuesaus

Barbecuesaus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

Hello guys

First thanks for looking at my post i realy hope i can get some support/help on this isseu

The general isseu is cannot use any function that requires the internet.
I screwed up, sinds i changed the DHCP to static ip, fort and back. I lost my IP adress.

yes i lost my Ip: that normal displays in the main dashboard. UnleashX+ndure, i also have XMBC as a App, other apps installer are Chimp, to clone a HDD.

I used 2 other HDD's 1 i screwed up, and the second i screwed up aswell so i am currently working on unlocking them and formatt+ making them ready to be used again.

I have the original HDD from the Xbox as a back-up With unleashX+ndure chimp tool and bootable XBMC aswell as extra NDure tools i thought.

Guys i just realy lost a lot with the trying to fix everything. But im realy stuck, can you help me where perhaps how to proceed? The main goal i want is to prep this Xbox for using of Streaming Video's and Music from my Desktop PC, Second id like to be able to use my Xbox as a FTP server to transfer music, video's Emulators, etc

I know its possible but just not how sad.gif

With Friendly Regards Barbecuesaus

----------------------------Edit----------------------------------
Also i know this is important, i dont know how i call it the way i softmodded my xbox.

here is the guide i used to softmod my xbox from stock.

Please tell me how this version of softmodding is called so i can be more specific in future help related questions.
thanks you smile.gif

Edited by Barbecuesaus, 19 August 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#2 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

If you Xbox is getting *no* IP address whatsoever, especially in multiple dashboards, you have a physical connectivity problem, similar to "No Link."

If you have a static IP address set, it will be displayed in your dash(es). If you have a dynamic address, same deal. If you have it set to dynamic but aren't getting assigned an address, you ought to see something starting with 169.254.x.x.

That's all the advice I can provide as your post is kind of hard to read/follow.

Pick a working combination of your hardware, pick a dash, and then we can ask you for specific details regarding networking. You need, ultimately, to verify that your network connections are physically sound, the components are functional, and then you can deal with getting FTP/Samba to work.

#3 Barbecuesaus

Barbecuesaus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

Alright.

Sorry about me not being clear enough.

Anyhow, you are saying i have problem with my network? as in *no-link*.
I dont realy understand how i find the problem, i tought it is within the xbox's system settings. (sinds i was changing from Dynamic, towards static IP caused the problem, sinds it wont show any IP sinds i changed that.

When i use the same network cable i plug into the xbox, into anything els the network connections are just fine.
This should verify that the network is fine?

How and where can find the problem? Also the main Dash is Evolution X , dont know what version, something with +Ndure.

#4 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:57 AM

if its modded right now. "softmodded right?) not tsop flashed/mod chip..

you need to find and download Hexen "heimdalls xbox engineering disk"
burn that to dvd-r at 4x or slower. Boot your xbox with that
hexen will by default have your xbox set as a dhcp. so you should get a ip address like that.. Any way forget that for now but that will show you that you can use a dhcp address..

any way tell hexen to install krayzies 1 click softmod install" (you can also use kingroach)

Follow the instructions on screen do not restart the xbox. it will restart its self when done.

When thats done you will have unleash x as your dash, it will be a dhcp ip address again
you can then also change back to evox easily from the dashboard (although honestly i recomend unleash-x)

basically what im telling you to do is to ire install your softmod with a good solid foundation where we can then easily figure out what the issue is, because right now its a bit of a mess.

if its mod chipped or tsop flashed. then you will want to tell it to reinstall dashboard rather than install a softmod

Edited by shambles1980, 21 August 2012 - 12:58 AM.

#5 Barbecuesaus

Barbecuesaus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

Yes it is Softmodded, no Chip, no splintercell exploit.

Just a Xbox, a Old Pc with IDE connections, and a tutorial on the interwebz tongue.gif
i linked that tut i think in previous post.

Anyhow, your post realy hit the sweet spot i think u understand me enough wink.gif Thanks!

im downloading Hexen now, i got it from isozone so im gonna do this as i post this smile.gif and i wil post again afterwards about the results!

Thanks for helping laugh.gif

#6 Barbecuesaus

Barbecuesaus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE(Barbecuesaus @ Aug 24 2012, 08:18 PM) View Post

Just a Xbox, a Old Pc with IDE connections, and a tutorial on the interwebz tongue.gif
i linked that tut i think in previous post.

I didnt, but i cant edit my first post.

So here is the guide i used: http://www.boards.ie...hp?t=2055256404

#7 Barbecuesaus

Barbecuesaus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

Oke so here are my results:

At first i burned a Cd with magiciso to set the downloaded ISo on a CD.
But i burned it at 16x speed, i did that wrong, it doesnt read the disk when i put it in the Xbox.

So second attempt i burned the iso on a Dvd+r at the lowest speed i could burn it, wich is 8x
But it worked! i can boot into this Hexen heimdalls xbox engineering disc.

Oke so im in this menu i select the krayzies 1 click softmod installalation, and i get 3(7 actualy but thats NTSC) Choises.
Pall Xbox 007, MA , SC gamesave
Wich do i have to select?

#8 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

just chose which ever game you have..
if you dont have a game i would chose splinter cell "sc" as it is the easiest to find in a working version.

MA is mech assault
and 007 is james bond..

its just a back door access thing mostly.

Edited by shambles1980, 25 August 2012 - 01:44 AM.

#9 Barbecuesaus

Barbecuesaus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

laugh.gif

Great awsume thanks!!

It all worked out great, i have followed the instructions of the Kingsroad softmod reinstall.
It backed up the EEprom , it says i have to back that up on my PC?

Before we go any further , i would like to Put a bigger HDD in my xbox tongue.gif
i already had 1 working, but like i told before i screwed it up and it doesnt boot.

So correct me if im wrong but i have to unlock this HDD, so i can format it again. and use (i forgot the nam) software tool to clone this current build onto a new HDD. and from that point i want to contiu bringing more changes smile.gif

does that sound smart? id like to keep this stock hdd as a back-up disk in case anything goes wrong. (wich already happend before)

IF you guys have anymore thoughts on where i should go from here plz dont hessitate to tell me biggrin.gif

#10 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

FTP the eeprom that you made during the install to your pc.

use xboxhdm to make a new larger hard disk.
Use the eeprom file you ftp'd to your pc to lock the new ;arger hard disk.

job done.

you do not unlock the drive that is working.

Edited by shambles1980, 25 August 2012 - 02:14 PM.

#11 Barbecuesaus

Barbecuesaus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

Uhm the new harddrive is already locked, and in a unbootable state if i plug it in the xbox

I have 1 main pc i FTP with
And i have a OLD pc with Ide connections i used to swarp HDDs and provide the extra power for a cloning thing i used on the xbox.

But now i cant seem to do anything with these locked HDDs (i have 2 of them about 80Gbs large)
They both dont boot anymore when i put them in the Xbox.

And when i use a tool like XBoxHDM it says it has all options disabled duo them being locked.

Lost again, uhh.gif

If i can just find out how to unlock these drives again, i can format them on my old PC and use the Clone software to upgrade to a bigger HDD.
Thats how if done this before , its easy and i know how it works.

Edited by Barbecuesaus, 25 August 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#12 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

plug new not working hdd in pc.
boot with xboxhdm.
chose dos cunlocking tools
type
atapwd
chose unlock disk
passwrod is:
XBOXSCENE
then say dissable password.
password is
XBOXSCENE

then you can re make a xboxhdm disk using the eeprom you just made. and files from C and E of your modified hard disk.

aditioonal note.
Boot the xbox with hexen and use hexen to ftp the C and E drives to your computer.
if you dont boot with hexen you will have a shadow c not the modded c.

This is safer than using clone software as you dont need to hotswap.

Edited by shambles1980, 25 August 2012 - 06:51 PM.

#13 Barbecuesaus

Barbecuesaus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

I plug in the 80gb locked drive in my PC
I boot with xboxhdm
i choose the dos unlocking tools

But it doesnt accept the password: XBOXSCENE
uhh.gif

------edit/update-------
I tryed this again but then with the Linux unlocking tools.
And this seems to work!!!

Using killdisk now to delete data smile.gif

Edited by Barbecuesaus, 25 August 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#14 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

well whatever works for you lol...
xboxscene is a master password set by xboxhdm just to help you out if things go bad smile.gif

i would definatly use xboxhdm to build your new disk its safer than cloneing.

#15 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE(shambles1980 @ Aug 26 2012, 04:16 AM) View Post

i would definatly use xboxhdm to build your new disk its safer than cloneing.

If the OP knows what he/she is doing, there's nothing inherent dangerous about cloning the source hdd to the target hdd.
Likewise xboxhdm in the wrong hands of somebody who doesn't read the docs can do a lot of damage too.

Reading ahead and asking the right questions will make the whole exercise safe and successful.

Edited by ldotsfan, 26 August 2012 - 05:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users