7 replies to this topic

#1 WuGgaRoO

WuGgaRoO

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Hello All,

I have run Chimp 2.6, but for some reason it does not give me an option to use "FatX".. instead there is just Web Tools, Net Tools, and Advanced.

I DID move the cfg file to E and i DID NOT rename the CHIMP26 folder. I also disconnected the DVD ddrive and connected the HDD (slave) prior to running the program

I am personally stumped.. any help is appreciated

EDIT: I misread the Forum Title... This belongs in General hardware/Tech chat sad.gif

Edited by WuGgaRoO, 21 August 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#2 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:38 AM

I recommend you use Chimp 2618 rather than any earlier version.

This thread might help and as I've posted before here: kodec's #28 post in this thread is an almost idiot proof instructional guide on how to use it.

http://forums.xbox-s...hp/t716433.html

I'm sure Idotsfan if he's about will be able to help too if you have any problems with it.

Edited by fallenangle, 22 August 2012 - 03:46 AM.

#3 WuGgaRoO

WuGgaRoO

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I am using chimp 2618. The issue is that gentoox does run.. but it does not allow me to access the chimp program. The only options I have are "net boot" "web boot" and "advanced".. the only time there is something more is if I left the dvd drive in... and has a "dvd boot" option. sad.gif .. i have not attempted the lud iso.. but i tried using hexen and the xbox cant read it.. but im guessing there is a special way to burn a bootable iso (I am just using windows 7's native iso burner). I wish I could access chimp sad.gif

#4 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

Linux is case sensitive. List the location and contents of linuxboot.cfg. List the location and contents of chimp2618 folder.

LUD is slightly newer. You need to burn the ISO at low speed (2x or 4x) and use DVD-R. Likewise for HeXEN

#5 WuGgaRoO

WuGgaRoO

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

I was concerned about the case sensitivity (I only Caps locked the program for emphasis)

Here is are screen shots of the folders I have on my comp.

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is in E:
Then in E:/Apps i have "chimp2618"

The strange thing is that I played around with it... and Gentoox opens up regardless of whether I have the linuxboot.cfg in the E drive or not... Which is why I think I have a problem with default.xbe .. It seems that I cannot even get Chimp to load because the Chimp option is missing from Gentoox (it only has web, net, and then advanced as menus).. This happen regardless of where I DLed Chimp from sad.gif

Also, I searched the entire E directory for additional linuxboot.cfg's and there were none to be found.. There were only 2.. one in the E: for chimp and the other in the chimp2618 folder

EDIT: The problem with Hexen is that I used a CD-R and I am guessing that Windows 7 just burned it as fast as possible sad.gif. I will use a DVD-R and a legitimate program to burn LUD... Thanks for the clarification!

Edited by WuGgaRoO, 22 August 2012 - 06:04 PM.

#6 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

LUD Chimp2618 is what I've used successfully for cloning three HDDs for different Xboxes. The use of DVD-R media is probaby the most important thing.

The original Chimp2618 LUD DVD-R burned for me and new fresh copies I burned later using two different programs' default settings (ImgBurn and BurnAware) have had no issues with either the Thomson, Samsung or Hitachi Xbox DVD drives.

#7 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

Do you have a KNOPPIX or knoppix folder or debian folder in E: ? Is there a linuxboot.cfg inside?

#8 WuGgaRoO

WuGgaRoO

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

No I haven't had those installed...

I ran into another problem.. i may make a new post for this... i eneded up unlocking my harddrive (while messing around with chimp) ...thankfully i have the back up eeprom.. BUT I dont have access to ide drives... is there anyway I can use a custom eeprom to unlock in chimp? I have access to another xbox, but not a desktop

BASICALLY

Use the original EEPROM to lock the ORIGINAL harddrive using a SECOND xbox.. I notice there is an option in chimp to load an eeprom from "tmp"... how would i drop the desired eeprom into that section?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users