• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ZMAROB

ZMAROB

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:14 AM

ok ive installed a usb port in my xbox and it powers some things ie phone and ipod charger but my initial plan was to use it for wifi bridge but it wont power it any ideas or suggestions?

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

The bridge probably draws too much power. You will need to get more power to the device. You can do this a number of ways, but the easiest way is to connect a powered USB Hub in between the Xbox and the Device you are trying to use. The USB Hub should provide enough power to the device.

The difference between a regular hub and a powered hub is a powered USB hub has a power supply that plugs into the wall to provide extra juice. A regular hub does not require that you plug it in to an AC outlet.

Side Note: A USB Wifi bridge will not work properly on an Xbox unless you are running some flavor of Linux, because the vast majority of hacked dashboards available for the Xbox do not have the required drivers for most USB devices included in their code.

#3 ZMAROB

ZMAROB

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

thanks for the help!!!

#4 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

It is possible to power a wifi bridge using a usb modded controller port but it has to be one of the small adapters with a low power draw (not a dongle type ), i have been using one on my xbox daily .

This is a spare xbox on use on the kids tv but it is identical to what i use on a my 2tb hdd modded halo console, similar items are on ebay for about $25.

IPB Image

Edited by hangover, 20 September 2012 - 11:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users