#1 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:55 AM

Title says it all.

I was having other unrelated issues so I had to pull all the hot glue that was on the system left over from the last joker that jtag'd this Jasper 16mb. I wanted to rewire for boxxaddr aud_clamp method. I think that when I pulled the glue off the other jtag that it pulled some of the motherboard traces off the board and now the wireless controllers won't sync.

The JTAG works great but I can't get the wireless controllers to sync. The light spins on both the controller and the xbox and then blinks like its sync'd but on the system no corner lights stay lit up and on the controller it just spins again after "syncing". Does that make sense? I can make a youtube video if I need to.

Here is the section of the xbox motherboard where traces were lifted. I attempted to repair the broken traces but I don't know if I was successful or not.

What I'm asking here is if one of you xbox motherboard experts out there know where the wireless controller sync components are on the motherboard so I can use my voltmeter to check for continuity etc. I'm pretty solid with a soldering iron and I'm very comfortable with micro fixes.

So since this is where the damage was done, are there any traces or components that affect wireless controller sync in this area? (circled in red)

IPB Image

Before you ask, I'm going to remove the JTAG and clean up the area and take a pic

Edited by highonxbox, 28 August 2012 - 01:57 AM.

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

The RF controller is on the front. It's on the same PCB as the power button.

However, issues with wireless controllers syncing is an old issue with XeLL and relatively common as such problems go. Reflashing your image should fix the problem.

#3 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:10 AM

I have reflashed it 3 times and it still won't sync. I've also switched out the rf board with two others that I know work from other xbox's

#4 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:19 AM

Rebuild your image and try again. It could very well have to do with the traces you mentioned, but in every case I've ever seen it's been XeLL.

If you can get a higher res (and non-blurry) picture of the traces that would help. You also might want to follow them to see if they are between the RF board and other components as I can't remember where those traces go.

#5 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

Any specific instructions for rebuilding the nand? I've flashed several times now and rebuilt with bestpig and jrunner with the same results.

#6 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:16 AM

If it's still not working even with RF board switches and rebuilds, it's likely that you screwed up something on the board. Get some high-res, non-blurry pics and we'll see what we can come up with.

#7 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

Okay I removed the JTAG, cleaned it up and took pics. Not the best (camera on GS3 phone). I highlighted the broken traces in the second pic just in case you can't see them in the first.

IPB Image

#8 Takashi

Takashi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

How did you burn them so badly?

#9 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

Read the thread. I didn't burn them. There was hot glue all over and when I pulled the hot glue off it lifted the traces off.

#10 Takashi

Takashi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

ah gotcha.

#11 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

Still a dumbass move on my part.

#12 Takashi

Takashi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

so have you tried to rewire them?

#13 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Yeah, I had it all rewired and JTAG'd but the controller wouldn't sync after that. No matter what I tried I couldn't get the controller to sync.

#14 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

Found the problem. Mystery gash in motherboard over 8 traces that lead to the IR board. I attempted to rewire them all. I failed LOL. Another one bites the dust.

#15 Takashi

Takashi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

ahh, if it was me, i'd have a 6ft high pile of dead boards, one more and it'll touch the ceiling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users