Photo

Freezing While Playing Games From External.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vermilion

vermilion

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

I'm having trouble with some games freezing on my RGH system. Before I get into it I'll provide a little info on my console.

It didn't do the mod work myself. I got it from a guy here at X-S
System is a Japser, I got it back in Feb of this year.
Games are played from an external usb powered drive. Size is 1TB. The drive is using over half of the 1TB. the drive has 1 partition, games are all GOD format played from within a games folder.

The freezing only happens when playing games from external. I haven't tried moving some of the freezing games over to the internal to see if they still freeze. This doesn't happen with every game on the external and also does not happen every time. The freezing will only happen for about 5 seconds or so. I'm starting to notice other issues with some guys that previously had no issues. (Halo 3 ODST played with no sound) this was fixed by restarting the console.

My biggest questions are could this just be the drive? Is it a known issue with using a hard drive with over 500 gigs of data? Should I be using a different type of external drive, one with it's own power supply? Or could it be with the system itself.

#2 vermilion

vermilion

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE(vermilion @ Aug 28 2012, 01:26 AM) View Post

I'm having trouble with some games freezing on my RGH system. Before I get into it I'll provide a little info on my console.

It didn't do the mod work myself. I got it from a guy here at X-S
System is a Japser, I got it back in Feb of this year.
Games are played from an external usb powered drive. Size is 1TB. The drive is using over half of the 1TB. the drive has 1 partition, games are all GOD format played from within a games folder.

The freezing only happens when playing games from external. I haven't tried moving some of the freezing games over to the internal to see if they still freeze. This doesn't happen with every game on the external and also does not happen every time. The freezing will only happen for about 5 seconds or so. I'm starting to notice other issues with some guys that previously had no issues. (Halo 3 ODST played with no sound) this was fixed by restarting the console.

My biggest questions are could this just be the drive? Is it a known issue with using a hard drive with over 500 gigs of data? Should I be using a different type of external drive, one with it's own power supply? Or could it be with the system itself.

Here's a link to the drive i'm using http://www.newegg.co...N82E16822211048

#3 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

Which drive are you using? Does freezing happen in the middle of active play or at other points? We need more details to be able to help you out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users