• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ClickHere

ClickHere

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hi you recently locked my forum post (selling xbox live) understand you locked it because i am a new user to this site and must have had an account for at least 60 days before i am able to sell... which is fair enough to try and deter scammers but as a legitimate seller i find it to be a real inconvenience.

I believe that this measure will not prevent scammers, but simply deter genuine sellers who wish to sell their product on this site. I understand this site is based around games and mods more than buying and selling, but as you support both buying and selling of xbox products on this site, you should have appropriate measures in place to deter scammers and to support sellers.

As it is simply a 60 or 2 month waiting period before you can sell there is nothing in place to verify the account, one could simply open an account today, or even multiple, wait the designated time and rip off many of your loyal forum members.

I listed many sites which verify me as a genuine seller with absolutely no history of scamming or ripping people off, which i feel was over looked when you decided to close my thread.

All I am saying is if you do decide to support trade on your site you should have it better monitored, or at least have a more just way of checking authenticity.

Other sites I have seen use feedback or forum post count as a way of verifying members.

I would like to hear other members opinions on this matter, whether or not you use the trade feature your opinion is still appreciated!

Luke.

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:31 AM

The BST section is meant for members to trade with each other, not for opportunistic scum bags to make some quick cash.

If you want someplace meant for sellers, try eBay or Craigslist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users