Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

Leaked POC video from Team Matrix shows 'backups' playing on Liteon 1175 drive
Posted by GaryOPA | August 30 15:00 EST | News Category: Xbox360

Amazing things are happening in the Microsoft Xbox 360 scene world recently, with alot of talk about the uncrackable Liteon 1175 drive, and now a 'leaked' POC video has appeared that has been confirmed to be from 'Team Matrix' that shows the X360 drive playing backups, without the need of an c4eva 'iXtreme' firmware.

More info has appeared on this after the leak from top reseller of 'Matrix' products:

As a first official announcement after the video showing our proprietary CFW running back-ups on the 1175 drive leaked, we have the following to say:

1) The aforementioned video is a POC (Proof of Concept), which should not be disclosed to the general public. This video is REAL.
2) Our CFW will be “stealth” on Live, and has all the features of Ixtreme (probably more).

Since the video has been leaked, we might consider it “official” now. We are going to make another one, more detailed, in order to clear up any doubts. Stay tuned!

News-Source: 'backups' playing on Liteon 1175 drive (via) 360Crunch

#2 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

Very kool but what is that big white/red thing on the back of the dvd drive? I wonder what c4e has to say about this.

#3 rwcottrell

rwcottrell

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE(tomgreen99200 @ Aug 30 2012, 04:53 PM) View Post

Very kool but what is that big white/red thing on the back of the dvd drive? I wonder what c4e has to say about this.

yes something dosent quite click for me either.what is that enormous red white thing?will rgh be needed at all?they are way too vague.

#4 danthaman673

danthaman673

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Modding and Gaming 24/7
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

I think it's translating, kinda like a MITM attack crossed with ODDemu (as I suggested .. ages ago ;-)

I would still like to see the full vid, if it was just a random video I would be yelling 'fake' but the matrix team has a reasonable reputation, so I keenly await their actual POC video (as that vid proves nothing whatsoever..)

Edited by danthaman673, 31 August 2012 - 06:39 AM.

#5 GHR

GHR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

Indeed. The worst POC video of the year. blink.gif

#6 mputten

mputten

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE(GHR @ Aug 31 2012, 11:47 AM) View Post

Indeed. The worst POC video of the year. blink.gif

Could be indeed a fake (Older LiteOn in a new 1175 case), but hey it's team matrix smile.gif

So there are more ways to boot burned backups and maybe without a dvdkey or firmware dump?

How?

Adjust the position of the laser realtime without the dvd drive to notice. (burned disc has another layout)

But if this is working one can also make a disc emulator by injecting the right gamedata into the laser flatcable.

Something easier to belief is that Team matrix found a way to read the DVDkey from the drive firmware or SATA respones.

#7 Drefsab

Drefsab

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

Given that C4 has said you wont need RGH getting the key from SATA seams to be a good possibility.

[2012-08-19 10:12AM UTC] #fw <PhoenixV> just saw the post on TX forums on 1175 drive board, great news!!
[2012-08-19 10:13AM UTC] #fw <PhoenixV> i am sure this has been answered before….but will RGH be needed, or just something like USB pro v2
[2012-08-19 10:36AM UTC] #fw <c4eva> RGH will NOT be needed!

#8 xboxdawg

xboxdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

It's always good to have multiple people working on things. Competition is good as it brings out innovation.

It is curious that they zoomed in on the motherboard but not the drive itself. But only time will tell if it's real or fake.

#9 Pica-Pau

Pica-Pau

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

They have an oficial video:

http://www.infinitymod.com/

Before we begin, some notes regarding the 16D5S drives and why we made the choices that we made :
First of all, the SPI eeprom is locked just like in the old drives and the WP pad is connected to GND, thus making it impossible to erase/rewrite.

Why the old Geremia/kamikaze style method is not feasible in the 16D5S drives :
The area were the WP wire can be cut is less than 1mm in length and the WP bonding wire runs parallel to the DO bonding wire with around 0.1mm of separation between them.
Cutting the WP wire without damaging the DO wire is doable when the chip is decapped and under a good microscope but we can't see any way where someone can do this without some serious lab instruments.
For this reasons we have developed a replacement PCB, similar to our previous Freedom replacement PCB but with some additional hardware needed to cope with the enhanced crypto requirements in the 16D5S firmware.
This PCB will replace the original drive PCB and work on any unmodded Xbox360 (including the 4GB V2 coronas and those with dashboard 15572+ ).
The firmware is finished and stable and has all the features you would expect :
stealth, XGD3, all titles work (basically everything iXtreme 3.0 has) plus some additional features that we are testing and considering for inclusion in the final release.

#10 GHR

GHR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE(Pica-Pau @ Sep 1 2012, 04:01 PM) View Post

And yet again, not convincing enough.
But after all, they've got their reputation.

Can't wait to see their method of dumping the drive that will not require RGH, they haven't said a word about it.

The end to exclusivity at last! wink.gif

Good times!! pop.gif

Edited by GHR, 01 September 2012 - 07:39 PM.

#11 boneym

boneym

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE(Pica-Pau @ Sep 1 2012, 04:01 PM) View Post

Not sure how accurate that information is about the wp bonding wire,
I have seen information from a reliable source that information is not correct,
which doesnt inspire confidence with the statements released.

#12 garyopa

garyopa

X-S Genius

• Admin
  • 750 posts
  • Interests:Embedded Hardware and Firmware
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

Posted the official news info, and video:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=743915

Please see the new thread for more discussion on this subject.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users