Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:52 PM
| | Xk3y Firmware v1.25/1.26 released!
Posted by GaryOPA
| August 31 14:52 EST | News Category: Xbox360
|Support for the Liteon 1175 (16D5S) drive. |
The Team Xk3y is back, and as promised, they've released its Firmware 1.25/1.26 with Liteon 1175 support!
A couple of weeks ago, the X360Key Team announced that they managed to decrypt the Lite-on 16D5S (1175) drive’s FW and that the Xk3y was now able to emulate it.
Now, as promised, they've released the FW update for it...
Firmware 1.25 with Liteon 1175 support released!
We have released a firmware with long-anticipated support for the Liteon 1175 (16D5S) drive. Get it at http://www.xk3y.com !
Pretty good news. Get it from their official website or from HERE!
And, finally, here's the official README:
xk3y firmware UPDATE v1.25
1. Extract the three files "rootfs", "uImage" & "xkey.cfg"
2. Open xkey.cfg with Notepad and configure it if needed.
3. Add the three files to the root folder of a Flash Drive or HDD. (Make sure to "eject" the drive properly from the PC, it may otherwise cause corrupt files)
4. Connect the Flash drive or HDD to your xk3y remote and wait for the xk3y to start the update.
5. The remote OLED will now display "UPDATING - PLEASE WAIT" for about 35 seconds. (Do not turn off your XB360 or disconnect the remote while updating)
6. Once the update is completed, the OLED will display "UPDATE COMPLETE - RESET XBOX" Reboot your xbox and the xk3y should now be updated to the latest firmware.
7. That's it! Continue to enjoy using xk3y with the new features!
NOTE! If you use the same drive as you store games on to do the update with, then its recommended (not needed) to remove the "rootfs", "uImage" & "xkey.cfg" from the root of your drive after a firmware update. Since keeping them there will cause the xk3y to check the files if they are a newer firmware version then stored on your xk3y micro SD card, and because of that take longer time for your HDD to be recognized.
New features in 01.25 [30/08/12]
• Added support for 16d5s fw 1175 (RGH)
• Added AoE support
Version 1.26 was released fixing a nasty bug.
• Fixes bug in 01.25 firmware affecting PHAT consoles
Grab it from --> http://xkeydownloads...mware/01.26.zip
News-Source: New Xk3y Firmware (via) 360 Crunch