#1 rdhanded2

rdhanded2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

I am very new to the xbox mod scene, and several years late. I got an xbox recently and decided I wanted to make it a media center. I soft-modded it with no issues, and played around with that for a week or so.

Yesterday I got a larger (160) hard drive, and with xboxhdm, I set up the drive without any issues. I put it into my xbox (v1.6) and it works, but will only load into the ms dashboard. Before the HD swap it loaded into unleashx no problem. I put splinter cell back into it and went into unleash that way, but all I get to is change settings, remove softmod, reboot, and power off.

I tried to use hexen to correct it, but the xbox will not read anything but official xbox games. I tried CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD. I am stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My question is, can I remove the softmod, reload it and still be ok? Will the xbox recognize the drive after I remove the softmod?

#2 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

Have you tried using DVD-R? It is the only media type every Xbox DVD drive make is known to be OK with.

CD media seem particularly incompatible. The CD-RWs I've tried using for Xbox stuff don't work with any of the three different DVD drive makes I have in my various Xboxes.

Edited by fallenangle, 06 September 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#3 rdhanded2

rdhanded2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

I believe I tried DVD-R. I will check tonight. Would removing the softmod and reapplying it mess it up?

#4 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

If you cant boot hexen.
Putr your splinter cell disk back in
the splinter cell disk should also give you the option to "boot from recovery disk" (you may need to scroll to find it)
find that and select it.

it will tell you what to do.
and use the hexen disk as your recovery disk..

you should be good from there.

#5 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

Doesn't having that option depend on whether rdhanded2 used an up to date softmod or not? But I know little about using xboxhdm so I'll bow to those with far greater knowledge of these things.

rdhanded is getting a 'Remove Softmod' option when running Splinter Cell. His description suggests he is looking at a recovery dash rather than an installer dash. However if the softmod is there he shoudn't be having any problems running HeXen if it had been burned to a DVD-R at the slowest possible speed as recommended.

That is what has to done whatever the case, so do that first and if it still doesn't work report back

Edited by fallenangle, 07 September 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#6 rdhanded2

rdhanded2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

I loaded Splinter cell again, and redid unleashx like I did in the first place and it is working fine now. It reads discs, boots to unleashx, etc. I just did not want to try and install it again, or remove the softmod and mess anything up. Either way, it is working now. Thanks for the advice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users