• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 behollan

behollan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:44 PM

I just purchased this on ebay and am awaiting its arrival.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649

Is there any reason this wouldn't work with my original xbox? If it will not work is there something already made up i can purchase somewhere to watch my original xbox in hd on my monitor? I am unable to do any soldering but if there is a cable out there that I use I do have the ability to update bios on xbox.

Thanks in advance for advice!

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

Nope. Should work fine. Just keep in mind that in order to get the best possible picture, you want to make sure you send the largest picture possible to the convertor so that the amount of upscale is minimal. Make sure your box is set to either the 1080i, or 720p HD resolution.

It's a matter of personal taste which of those 2 resolution settings you will like best, but personally I've always thought 720p looked better than 1080i.

#3 behollan

behollan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

Awesome! One more question, when i hook this up will I need to do any hex editing in my Halo .xbe file to see the game in 480p?

#4 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:51 AM

Not sure. There were a few games that didn't work in 480p very well but I can't remember whether Halo was on that list or not, and Google no longer turns up anything relevant on an "Xbox Green Screen games" search.

I guess you will just have to try the game when you get it all set up and see what happens.

Maybe someone else here has the Green Screen game list handy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users