#1 riahc3

riahc3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

Hello

Im thinking of buying a game console and I was stuck between the Wii and the Xbox 360. Im problably going to go with the Xbox 360 since it has Kinect which is basially the Wii's remote and more so for Halo 4.

Anyways, I like to keep my originals unused so Ill be making backups, possibly to a USB drive. Ive read about Xk3y that seems to be able to do this but I have doubts/questions....

First off, I know I lose my LIVE ability. I dont care much about LIVE and its something you sacrifice.

- With products like Xk3y do I lose my warranty?
- When a update comes out, will these products usually update and therfore still work? (I understand a small delay in update)
- With these things, I can also run homebrew such as alternative dashboard, emulators, etc?
- Compatible with Kinect?
- What file system and size limit do these products's support with a external USB HDD drive?

Thanks for the help!

Edited by riahc3, 09 September 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#2 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

No you cannot run homebrew like emulators with an xkey. You need RGH/JTAG to have the ability to do that.

xkey uses any file format you configure with it. ext2, ext3, ext4, Ntfs, Fat32

#3 riahc3

riahc3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE(deilzfcjk @ Sep 9 2012, 09:34 PM) View Post

No you cannot run homebrew like emulators with an xkey. You need RGH/JTAG to have the ability to do that.

xkey uses any file format you configure with it. ext2, ext3, ext4, Ntfs, Fat32

OK smile.gif Thanks

Well the RGH is the newest of the two; Ive read about it. The only thing is that it 100% voids my warranty (this I pretty much assumed was going to happen when running backups). The other thing that bothers me is soldering.

I had a Xbox 1 and to "stay cheap" i went with a soldering modchip. I was able to do it but Im not going thru that again; Is there any no solder RGH modchips?

Thank you

#4 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(riahc3 @ Sep 12 2012, 04:53 AM) View Post

OK smile.gif Thanks

Well the RGH is the newest of the two; Ive read about it. The only thing is that it 100% voids my warranty (this I pretty much assumed was going to happen when running backups). The other thing that bothers me is soldering.

I had a Xbox 1 and to "stay cheap" i went with a soldering modchip. I was able to do it but Im not going thru that again; Is there any no solder RGH modchips?

Thank you

With any mod you do to your system you will void your warranty.

Xkey requires you to open the XBOX.
RGH requires you to open the xbox
LT+ firmware modding requires to open the XBOX

so all 3 ways will kill your warranty.

RGH requires you to be on dash 14719 or less, its even better to be 14699 or less because 14719 requires RGH2 and its not reliable really, but 14719 on Slim is fine, while 14719 on phat is the less reliable and longer boot times.

Xkey requires you to get the firmware off the DVD drive and put it on a SDcard. You might need special tools depending on what drive you have as with DVD firmware mods.

RGH is 100% not XBOX live safe. XKEY might not be completely XBOX live safe could be a risk, and firmware modding is not 100% xbox live safe but is probably the safest way of all the options. I have been playing on live since Fall 2009 and never been banned.

Some people like myself offer services like RGH and such, and getting that kind of service done is probably just a little cheaper then getting an XKEY because they are fairly expensive. If you want the most out of your system RGH would be your best way to go because no matter which route you take, all void your warranty 100%. RGH can play games off USB hard drive, emulators and roms, custom dashboards and homebrew

#5 riahc3

riahc3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Sep 12 2012, 02:21 PM) View Post

With any mod you do to your system you will void your warranty.

Xkey requires you to open the XBOX.
RGH requires you to open the xbox
LT+ firmware modding requires to open the XBOX

so all 3 ways will kill your warranty.

RGH requires you to be on dash 14719 or less, its even better to be 14699 or less because 14719 requires RGH2 and its not reliable really, but 14719 on Slim is fine, while 14719 on phat is the less reliable and longer boot times.

Xkey requires you to get the firmware off the DVD drive and put it on a SDcard. You might need special tools depending on what drive you have as with DVD firmware mods.

RGH is 100% not XBOX live safe. XKEY might not be completely XBOX live safe could be a risk, and firmware modding is not 100% xbox live safe but is probably the safest way of all the options. I have been playing on live since Fall 2009 and never been banned.

Some people like myself offer services like RGH and such, and getting that kind of service done is probably just a little cheaper then getting an XKEY because they are fairly expensive. If you want the most out of your system RGH would be your best way to go because no matter which route you take, all void your warranty 100%. RGH can play games off USB hard drive, emulators and roms, custom dashboards and homebrew

Understood smile.gif

This would be for a new Xbox 360 bought right now (I mention this because of the dash versions you state)

For other methods rather than Xkey, is there a non solder solution, since it give the completely homebrew expirence? If not, Ill just stay with the Xkey (easy to install and solderless) and just play my backups.

#6 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE(riahc3 @ Sep 14 2012, 07:19 AM) View Post

Understood smile.gif

This would be for a new Xbox 360 bought right now (I mention this because of the dash versions you state)

For other methods rather than Xkey, is there a non solder solution, since it give the completely homebrew expirence? If not, Ill just stay with the Xkey (easy to install and solderless) and just play my backups.

Well if you go and BUY A NEW 360 right now, then you would even have problems with the XKEY. If you get a hitachi drive the only way you can use xkey is by using RGH to get your key. If you have a liteon d5s then you need to wait for a new method to get the key or maybe RGH. So doing a new slim right now, will not work. If you get a slim made prior to August 2011, like a refurb more then likely might be that old, but you cannot really do much with a new store bought system now or have a solder free solution.

Edited by BoNg420, 14 September 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#7 riahc3

riahc3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Sep 14 2012, 02:22 PM) View Post

Well if you go and BUY A NEW 360 right now, then you would even have problems with the XKEY. If you get a hitachi drive the only way you can use xkey is by using RGH to get your key. If you have a liteon d5s then you need to wait for a new method to get the key or maybe RGH. So doing a new slim right now, will not work. If you get a slim made prior to August 2011, like a refurb more then likely might be that old, but you cannot really do much with a new store bought system now or have a solder free solution.

So currently with a new bought Xbox 360, you cant run backups on it? Thanks for telling me smile.gif

I guess Ill just have to wait it out until something comes out for newly bought Xbox 360s.

#8 riahc3

riahc3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE(riahc3 @ Sep 15 2012, 01:10 PM) View Post

So currently with a new bought Xbox 360, you cant run backups on it? Thanks for telling me smile.gif

I guess Ill just have to wait it out until something comes out for newly bought Xbox 360s.

Basically I should keep watching the frontpage news then; What new Xbox 360 model should I be looking out for a update to run backups?

#9 riahc3

riahc3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE(riahc3 @ Sep 17 2012, 01:22 PM) View Post

Basically I should keep watching the frontpage news then; What new Xbox 360 model should I be looking out for a update to run backups?

No offensive but back in the days of Xbox 1, people helped out here a lot more. sad.gif

I thought the Xbox 360 news I should be loooking for is Corona but I see things already working for Corona yet it has been commented here that the latest Xbox 360 isnt compatible with homebrew solutions.

Edited by riahc3, 18 September 2012 - 09:07 AM.

#10 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(riahc3 @ Sep 18 2012, 04:06 AM) View Post

No offensive but back in the days of Xbox 1, people helped out here a lot more. sad.gif

I thought the Xbox 360 news I should be loooking for is Corona but I see things already working for Corona yet it has been commented here that the latest Xbox 360 isnt compatible with homebrew solutions.

Well Corona are just getting started but it is suggested to wait for the coolrunner 3lite because the other chips might not give you quite good boot times.

Also you need to make sure you have 14719 dash or less to RGH.

As for firmware modding and RGH like I said before. You need to wait for a method to get the key of D5S liteon drives and the only way to get the key for hitachi is to RGH, if you wanted to install a XKEY you need to wait for a method to get these firmwares, especially if you don't want to RGH. Or find a slim made before August 2011 that will have a liteon D4S

Or just buy a premodded console from someone and save yourself the hassle of waiting.

#11 riahc3

riahc3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Sep 18 2012, 03:08 PM) View Post

Well Corona are just getting started but it is suggested to wait for the coolrunner 3lite because the other chips might not give you quite good boot times.

The coolrunner 3lite is the solution then? Wait for that?

Also you need to make sure you have 14719 dash or less to RGH.

Well like I mentioned this would be for a brand new console. Meaning that possibily every console in store right now has dash >14719

As for firmware modding and RGH like I said before. You need to wait for a method to get the key of D5S liteon drives and the only way to get the key for hitachi is to RGH, if you wanted to install a XKEY you need to wait for a method to get these firmwares, especially if you don't want to RGH. Or find a slim made before August 2011 that will have a liteon D4S

Its one year later so thats going to be difficult to find

Or just buy a premodded console from someone and save yourself the hassle of waiting.

Impossible in my country and I perfer to do it myself. That way I know EXACTLY what the Xbox 360 Im buying has gone thru.....

#12 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE(riahc3 @ Sep 18 2012, 03:19 PM) View Post

The coolrunner 3lite is the solution then? Wait for that?
Well like I mentioned this would be for a brand new console. Meaning that possibily every console in store right now has dash >14719
Its one year later so thats going to be difficult to find
Impossible in my country and I perfer to do it myself. That way I know EXACTLY what the Xbox 360 Im buying has gone thru.....

Coolrunner 3lite will be out for RGH around Sept 21st 2012 and is best chip to do RGH

Yes the consoles in stores now SHOULD be 14719 or less.

It might be difficult to find, but if you go buy refurb then might be easy.

#13 riahc3

riahc3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Sep 18 2012, 09:22 PM) View Post

It might be difficult to find, but if you go buy refurb then might be easy.

Im not looking for or intrested in a refurb. I want a new from factory Xbox 360 that I can play backups from. I understand if that is not currently avaliable, Ill have to wait.

Thank you for your help bong420 smile.gif

#14 riahc3

riahc3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE(riahc3 @ Sep 21 2012, 02:25 AM) View Post

Im not looking for or intrested in a refurb. I want a new from factory Xbox 360 that I can play backups from. I understand if that is not currently avaliable, Ill have to wait.

Thank you for your help bong420 smile.gif

Just came back now after a few months to see how things are and I see a plus and a minus.

Xecuter has announced (released?) LT Ultimate which works with all.

A new motherboard has come out almost completly taking out RGH.

What to do?
1: Wait
2: Get a Xbox 360 RIGHT NOW to make sure I dont get the new motherboard....

#15 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Team Xecuter has something in the works that takes care of all the motherboard revisions and drives. Need to wait on them to release the hardware....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users