#1 oSpAiKo

oSpAiKo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

Hi! I need help to take back my F partition where are all my games. After a dashboard (xbmc4xbox) error I wasn't unable to access the hdd through ftp and my dvd drive wouldn't load anything (dam stupid Thomsoms..). So I had to detach my drive and plug it to my pc. I got access using Xplorer360 and was able to repair my dashboard install. But when I plugged it back to my xbox the F partition was gone!

So would I be able to get access to F or should I assume that I'll have to reformat all the hd and start over?

#2 oSpAiKo

oSpAiKo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

Any idea? Here is a thread with apparently the same problem.

#3 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

does xb partitioner see the partition, and is it the correct size?
if xb partitioner sees it are you hard modded ?
if you are hard modded do you see the F drive on the dashboard but file size is wrong and the drive looks empty?

#4 oSpAiKo

oSpAiKo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Yes, xbpartitioner sees the partition and it should be the correct size as it's the rest of the 60gb hdd.
I'm hard modded, tsop flashed to be correct.
XBMC4Xbox and also EvoX see F drive but with size 0 and can't access.

#5 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

did you by chance swap from an x2 bios to ind or m8+ .. Or swaped from an ind or m8+ bios to an x2 bios?

if you diod then you will need to swap back to the bios you had previously...
x2 bioses dont read data that was written when using IND or M8 bios.. and INd and m8 nbios dont read data that was written when using a x2 bios..

hope that thats the problem..
0Mb free is a bit of a worry though.

unless the partition was full you should see some free space regardless of the bios..
of course the exeption to that would be if you had a partition larger than 125gb. and you used 125Gb or so then flashed to a bios that did not have full LBA support. and aslo did not see the data..

hope that makes sense.

i would normaly reccoend checking admin settings to make sure the partition is active.
but that dosent usually affect F drive as a default..

if you dont have valubal data on your F drive. i would just run xbpartitioner to write the partition table data.
and then when i got back to my dash board i would use the format f command. (or id just use hexen t format the F partition)

that should get you your F drive back for sure with all the space, but obviously no data on it.

Edited by shambles1980, 07 January 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#6 oSpAiKo

oSpAiKo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Before flashing the tsop I had a M8+ bios on a Matrix modchip, now I have a IND bios. The problem appeared after a reboot when I was messing with the hd through Xplorer360 on my computer.

At first I thought it was hidden or maybe inactive, but as gparted is showing the hd as empty I don't know how to check that, maybe Xbox Linux?

That partition was full of games, so in fact what annoys me is to have to backup again all of them, but there's no loss of data. Is it possible to format F through xbpartitioner or do I have to do it with another program, maybe with EvoX?

Thanks anyway for the tips.

#7 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

i would do it with xbpartitioner 1st to make sure the partition table data is correct.

you wont mess up C or E so dont worry about that.

and if you still cant see your files and it says 0Mb free. then id format it from the dashboard or hexen.
but xbpartitioner should fix it for you.

#8 neelyharold

neelyharold

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

It's not very long time since Window's latest version Windows 7 has released. But in this short span, users using this operating system have encountered many data loss issues which have troubled them a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users