Photo

Been Away Since Lt 1.9 Fw, Need A Few Quick Questions Answered Please.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fudgebar

Fudgebar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

Hi folks, sorry I have been away from the scene for a while now so my questions are very basic and very much appreciated for anyone not bored enough to answer them....

I'll get this out of the way quickly so we dont condone any type of illegal activity, I own all retail games but am asking these questions in regards to my legally backed up copies in which I like to use to preserve the originals

Ok, I have A Phat system with the latest MS DASHBOARDS and updates on them, However my FW is only Ixtreme 1.9 or 1.91 I believe.

I know LT 3.0 is the latest FW to run your legal backups of XGD3 games...I understand all this. BUT I do not actually do FW upgrades, I ship my system out to have it done which can be costly each time. Now I know last year, MS had only sent out a Dash update that wiped your FW out and restocked it back to original only once. However, I havent been up on news for the last 6 months. Has anything changed in regards to now?

Is it worth it to ship out my console to upgrade to LT3.0 OR is MS now installing FW resets on ALL game updates?....whats the latest scoop in a nutshell before I spend the money and time to do this

If someone wouldnt mind shedding some RECENT light on the current state of affairs OR at least point me to a link that gives latest status?

thanks a bunch!!

#2 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

well it depends on a few factors? Like what your version of the 360 drive you have.If it's any liteon, you'll probably be beetter off sending it out. SInce once it's flashed to LT 1.9 and then you need it upgraded to LT+ 3.0 It wont' be easy.

You'll likely get locked out of vendor mode, unless you have a lizard or usb pro. Or a ide=sata converter.

#3 Fudgebar

Fudgebar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

Im not sure I understand all of that Vendor mode stuff but my drive is a BEN Q.

Is MS resetting everyones FW with game updates now or is it just the same as it used to be months ago when they would randomly reset your FW if your below a certain DASHBOARD version?

Basically, I want to know if its worth it to send my system out for a FW upgrade to LT 3.0? If I do, will it last for several months or is there something in this XGD3 Format of games now that I am not aware of?

I dont want to have to keep reburning my backups either....is that the case too?

#4 Fudgebar

Fudgebar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

guys??...are u serious?

A little help here would be appreciated

thanks

#5 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:04 AM

They only reflashed the firmware once. So far 3.0 has been reliable for months.

If you have to reburn your backups, so be it. You got to do it and there is no ifs and or buts if you want to play backups of your latest games or on xbox live you need the latest firmware and games to be burned right to play with that firmware. Only backups that need reburned or AP25 or XGD3 games.

Edited by BoNg420, 12 September 2012 - 03:05 AM.

#6 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

Benq is very easy to flash btw. All you need is a computer (obvious), SATA controller (preferably VIA VT6421) and SATA cable. You can use your console to power the drive.

Between opening the console, opening your computer and flashing it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. If you still don't feel comfortable then go ahead and send it out. LT3.0 is going strong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users