6 replies to this topic

#1 Mrich0908

Mrich0908

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Ihave XboX 1 with SID5 softmod ,

I rarely ask any one for help . I try and read as much as I can and not ask questions unless I really must.
I have searched for a week but am running out of time. My son is coming here from out of state in 2 days and would like to have some games on this xbox I have soft modded for him.
I do not have a DVD burner . I have been trying to FTP backed up games into the hard drive but I am not having luck with them showing up.
I am also trying to install AID on his xbox again with out a DVD. I FTP through my router using Filezilla.
Can any one provide me with a link on "How To" or tell me what to do.
Ive tried making various new folders in the E: drive Apps / AId , or Applicaations AID . Ive installed the ISO , extarcted the files and installed only the folders. Im lost
When I isstall the one back up game I have through FTp again it just doesnt show up same thing Ive done both the ISO only and the folders.
So Ive hit a brick wall.
Thanks for any help ,
Mark

#2 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

games go to .
E:\games\game name
or
f:\games\game name

restart xbox after you do that.

dont use aid its old and full of errors.

#3 canadish

canadish

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

If you shouldn't use AID, what do you use?

#4 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

If they are legal backups you should have the original game discs and, if so, the simplest solution is just to use DVD2Xbox with those in the usual way.

Whatever the problem is it isn't likely to to be anything inherently to do with SID or AID. If I remember correctly to install AID to a HDD you must burn it to disc first and then use the provided copy to HDD menu option. If you just try to transfer the files from the PC or even direct from the disc it won't work. The AID manual explains this if memory serves.

What's up with this SID/AID hate here recently anyway? It can cause problems just like any other software but many of the requests for help here from newbie's seem to me to be because of the protection features of newer "better" software.

#5 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE(fallenangle @ Sep 28 2012, 02:15 AM) View Post

What's up with this SID/AID hate here recently anyway? It can cause problems just like any other software but many of the requests for help here from newbie's seem to me to be because of the protection features of newer "better" software.

It's not a recent thing. This forum has always advocated against using SID/AID. Like I mentioned in the other thread, this forum advocates the usage of the ndure softmods. Even the moderators will tell you the same thing.

#6 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

I think this is the right thread to mention what was news to me and that is that one of the main sites that hosted all things AID/SID appears to be no more. I don't know when this happened but all the useful info, excellent manuals etc have now gone from there.

I've done a quick search or two it is available elsewhere and some of the manuals which were originally available as PDFs can also be found via archive web sites, minus the graphics., AID/SID downloads are still pretty easy to find too.

I'm sure that even though there are prefferred alternatives people will still be using AID/SID modded machines as long into the future as the Xbox itself survives.

Edited by fallenangle, 27 October 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#7 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

Update:-

Google as usual being unhelpful after more searching I have found everything is still available, including all the manuals in full either online or as downloads. It is only the AID/SID web site that used to and still does come up first in any search, for alphabetical reasons presumably, that is no more.

Edited by fallenangle, 28 October 2012 - 03:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users