#1 dennisv9

dennisv9

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

my starting situation:
an old xbox with a hdmi zephyr? board that needed the falcon files. i jtagged it using the aud clamp method with the transistors. used bestpig toolbox to create a freeboot 12xxx image. flashed it, and worked great. left it on the shelf for a year(s?). i today updated it with the latest bestpigs toolbox, with the 14xxx dashboard. updated file flashed over via nand flasher 360 (xbox version). worked great, i had a working updated dashboard. then installed dash launcher 3.02, it asked me to patch some files. i said yes, now i get e79 error. i cannot boot into xell.

e79 usually is bad wiring. i highly doubt it is bad wiring, all seems oke. can the dashlaunch update patches files that it should have?

is there an easy way to fix, or do i need to solder my nand flasher back in (lpt)?
where did i go wrong, what did i do wrong?

any suggestions are appreciated, been out of the scene for a year of two. didn't keep up, so no idea where i went wrong or how to fix it in such a manner not to make the same mistake again.

#2 Dicko316

Dicko316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

I'm not 100% sure, but more like 95% wink.gif sure that its dashlaunch patches that is causing your problems.

I remember having the same problem last year, then only bad thing is I can't remember exactly what I did lol.
I do remember it having something to do with renaming the dashlaunch patches eg Falcon one to zephyr. Then applying it manually, but I suppose you could do this before building an image in bestpig?

I don't have my zephyr anymore so cannot do any testing for you on the machine itself but I still have the nand dumps. It was the exact same type of system as you have there, a Zephyr M$ Refurb, Jtag'd as a falcon with aud_clamp wiring.

I'd probable try using Team Xecuters Jrunner application, then just build the latest dash 15574 but instead of using your original nand dump use your last good JTAG dash dump. I just tried it with my old Zephyrs dumps and this is the only way it would build a valid image.

Pics showing what to do below, open your nand paste cpukey, select the settings circled (You will probs have to download the 15574 dash files if you've not used the program before), then click create image. The bottom pick is the created image opened up in jrunner to verify ifs good/valid, numbers in the circle 2bl-7bl should be the same as the picture.

IPB Image
IPB Image

Unfortunately your going to have to flash this new image manually.

Good luck mate wink.gif

#3 dennisv9

dennisv9

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

thank you for your walkthrough, created a new image and will flash it soon.

#4 dennisv9

dennisv9

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

Thank you, rebuilded and reflashed nand. all went accordingly, and is now up and running. dashlaunch updates where indeed the problem. now i have to figure out why for the love of... jungleflasher cannot recognize any dvd drive connected to my sata port via a Via chipset.

#5 Dicko316

Dicko316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

Glad I could help mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users