• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 paoacab13

paoacab13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

ok so 1st my xbox shows 3 red rings.i use the common method and i fix it.after the disc tray doesnt open.i open it and fix it again.later i insert battlefield 3 in,hopefully that i will play after an exhausted day that i spented fixing the xbox.but the game freezes.i turn the xbox off then on and 1 rrod appears.i again turn it off and on and a e71 error appears.after 5-6 turn offs and on the console works.i immediately copy all the HDD files to a usb flash in order to keep data.also i delete system cache.i eject all the usb sticks and HDD i insert Forza Motorsport 3 to play and when i choose a car the machine freezes again.then when i turn on the xbox it freezes at the xbox logo.this procedure happens all the time.i spented 3 days trying to fix this machine and i cant find a solution.when i solve one problem another one pops up.should i just throw it to the recycle bin or do something else??? uhh.gif uhh.gif uhh.gif

#2 mike12345678

mike12345678

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:24 AM

Have you done the xclamp fix. Are the screws all evenly tightened? Which repair method did you use overheating?

#3 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

your thread title is actually a perfect analysis of your situation. make sure your next console is at least a jasper or newer and the problems will stop.

#4 paoacab13

paoacab13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

@mike12345678 no i didnt do the xclamp fix.i overheated the green board with a hair dryer(i didnt have any heatgun but i saw that a hair dryer does also good job).

@iateshaggy i dont think i will buy a new console not before i see what kinds of problems will occur.Personal Computer power! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#5 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

that is why i told u to get a jasper or newer, they don't have problems.

#6 paoacab13

paoacab13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

@iateshaggy i think jasper stopped being produced.have a look here.now they produce corona.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_hardware

#7 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

i'm quite aware of the production practices of the 360. i'm also aware that these consoles can be bought at 50% of retail on the used market and encourage people to use this knowledge to make informed purchases. craigslist is a good place to start.

#8 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE(paoacab13 @ Sep 18 2012, 10:29 PM) View Post

@mike12345678 no i didnt do the xclamp fix.i overheated the green board with a hair dryer(i didnt have any heatgun but i saw that a hair dryer does also good job).

You 'saw that a hair dryer does also good job'?
From who?
Jesus Christ!!!!

#9 xboxhaxorz

xboxhaxorz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE(iateshaggy @ Sep 19 2012, 07:47 AM) View Post

that is why i told u to get a jasper or newer, they don't have problems.

then why do i have 3 in my shop right now

stop spreading wrong information

e74 is bad gpu, it needs to be replaced there is no other way around it

#10 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

ANY console set to only increase the fans around 70-80C is not destined for a long lifespan in most homes.

If I had to bet on which console would last longer; a stock 2011 Trinity or a fan modded 2005 Xenon, I'd be placing my bets on the Xenon all day long.

I've always been able to fix E74's with GPU reflow.

Hair dryers can not reflow a GPU.

Heat guns can but most people will get the temp too low or too high and just not get it right.

I do use a heat gun but it has the right temp. Plus I also use a mobo preheater, and a jig, liquid flux, and an IR digital thermometer to get the temp just right.

#11 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:11 AM

i'm not saying you don't have a legit jasper rrod, but if you do, it is still well with in the accepted statistical limits for calling electronics quality. you're not the only person to ever have a shop either.

#12 paoacab13

paoacab13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

And my conclusion is:NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING WILL LAST FOREVER.NO MACHINE CAN LAST FOREVER.After 3-4 years of good use, the problems appear and then they don't-won't stop.

#13 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

Except if your failing 360 had been fan modded from the beginning. then the motherboard would be problem free for decades. Because a difference of 20C on a GPU is the difference between damage and no damage. It would be like saying everyone eventually dies so smoke your brains out. You'd have to compare it to a person smoking ten packs a day vs a fitness nut to be on par with a console with stock fans vs a fan modded one.

#14 tifenni

tifenni

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

To see a http://www.mmolive.com/ and http://www.mmohome.com/ world in a granda of Cheap Diablo 3 Gold stand.And a heaven in a wild flower.Hold infinity in the palm your hand and eternity in an hour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users