• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 liton

liton

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hi, A friend bring his dead xbox to me and I was thinking if it can be fixed or not. Hope you guys can help here. He was tried to install Cygnos into his jasper a 1 year ago but the installer massed it up. He could not install and damaged all the pads. From that point the xbox do not power on at all. I tried to read the nand using Nand X but J-Runner can't read nand. I have tried the Troubleshooting NAND-x connection problems and all read Ok. So my question is,
1. Why the xbox is not booting?
2. Why I cant read nand?
3. Can it be fixed?

Thank you
IPB Image
IPB Image

#2 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

that is the problem with people who don't know what they are doing. if they don't know what they are doing, they also don't know what they did. homebrew on the 360 is both a hardware and software mod, and unless you know exactly what he did on both ends, then it could be impossible to fix. if you cant repair the physical damage, and you can't read or write the nand, you have a brick.

#3 liton

liton

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(iateshaggy @ Sep 19 2012, 12:57 AM) View Post

that is the problem with people who don't know what they are doing. if they don't know what they are doing, they also don't know what they did. homebrew on the 360 is both a hardware and software mod, and unless you know exactly what he did on both ends, then it could be impossible to fix. if you cant repair the physical damage, and you can't read or write the nand, you have a brick.

Yeah, your 100% right mate. The guy who tried to install the Cygons is a Cell phone repair man but never installed one of this I think. Btw, My friend never did anything with he nand though. The xbox was Ok before installing the Cygons and after it was badly pulled off, it died. So if thous pad's can be fixed it may come alive. That's what I thought about. Anyway, its just a guess. Advance thank for helping.

#4 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

if he never got to programming the nand, then it is possible repairing the physical damage can fix the box. having a spare mobo around to test values and trace routes will help you find the problems.

#5 liton

liton

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE(iateshaggy @ Sep 19 2012, 03:42 AM) View Post

if he never got to programming the nand, then it is possible repairing the physical damage can fix the box. having a spare mobo around to test values and trace routes will help you find the problems.

Yeah, I have a same Mobo that is working perfect. Is it possible to explain how to fix it?

#6 justathief

justathief

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

It kinda looks like a big solder-blob going across a few traces at the right, lower part of the picture, that could be both bridging & grounding...

I would start by checking the board thoroughly to see if there are any solder-splatter that's in the wrong place biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users