• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ScourgeCorp

ScourgeCorp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

Late to the scene i recently softmodded my system with SID5 and evox. everything worked until i played full spectrum warrior, accidentally hit xbox live while looking away, installed the update and then error 21. After hours of searching for solutions i successfully hotswapped and used explorer360 to remove the update files with the help of an outdated guide but was still left with error 21. Tried updating with halo 2, conker, chaos theory, etc no change. Tried redoing the splinter cell exploit before and after reupdating and all it does is reset the game. What i really need is either help fixing this with hotswapping(if i can get it to work again) or if there is a bootdisk that will work while backups or other dvd-r will not. To clarify yes i can play original discs, without a disc it just goes to error 21.

#2 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

You said that you can still run the Splinter Cell exploit, correct? You should have FTP access to the Xbox after the exploit loads the dashboard it uses to install the softmod. If you do have FTP access, copy over and overwrite the C: drive files with a set of stock C: files. Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc has the stock C: files under \StockFiles\c\ and Slayer's EvoX Auto Installer has the stock files as well but I don't remember the exact path to it. After you copy over the files and power cycle, you'll be left with a stock (but functioning) Xbox, and then you're free to install your softmod again. However, I'd recommend using krayzie's ndure softmod installer over SID5. You install it the same way via a game save.

#3 ScourgeCorp

ScourgeCorp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE(AZImmortal @ Sep 20 2012, 12:56 AM) View Post

You said that you can still run the Splinter Cell exploit, correct? You should have FTP access to the Xbox after the exploit loads the dashboard it uses to install the softmod. If you do have FTP access, copy over and overwrite the C: drive files with a set of stock C: files. Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc has the stock C: files under \StockFiles\c\ and Slayer's EvoX Auto Installer has the stock files as well but I don't remember the exact path to it. After you copy over the files and power cycle, you'll be left with a stock (but functioning) Xbox, and then you're free to install your softmod again. However, I'd recommend using krayzie's ndure softmod installer over SID5. You install it the same way via a game save.

Running the exploit just makes the screen flash white and resets the game, it doesnt actually start the dashboard or go anywhere so i can't use ftp with that method

#4 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

In that case, hotswap and use Xplorer360 to copy the stock C: files over.

Edited by AZImmortal, 20 September 2012 - 09:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users