• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rob Kelz

Rob Kelz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

I got an Xbox 360 slim which worked fine then got an error when playing games saying either unrecognised disc or would come up thinking its a DVD saying 'play DVD' but played DVD's fine just wouldn't play games, not I get the same message with both the games and DVDs

Do you think it is just a duff laser?

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

Yes, likely the laser is failing.

#3 Rob Kelz

Rob Kelz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

Thanks for your reply, I found the laser is a g2r2 15xx... I will get a replacement and give it a try smile.gif

#4 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:25 AM

This might be a Security check issue.

Has your Drive been flashed.

I think this sometimes pertains to a failed AP2.5 security check. Or the checks between the drive and motherboard.

If you still have Unrecognized Disc after swapping optics; you have a files and firmware problem.

Generally the onscreen dialogue for a failing optic is Open Tray or Play DVD - when you have a game disc in the tray.

If all your Game Disc 3's come back with Unrecognized Disc - security checks problem

Game Disc 2's might still play

#5 Rob Kelz

Rob Kelz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

I just changed the laser and I still get the same message I can't play any games or DVD at all I just get unrecognised disc

#6 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE(Rob Kelz @ Sep 25 2012, 08:40 AM) View Post

I just changed the laser and I still get the same message I can't play any games or DVD at all I just get unrecognised disc

Did you read my posting ? That was placed just before yours ?

I think you have a Flashed Drive issue.

You might have to Flash back to stock. Do some revising and updating of the console to current Dashboard and other things.

Then Flash back to custom LT. But .... it might be a bigger problem.

Could come down to spoofing another drive ... and/ or having someone remove security Flags from the console's record

But maybe I am overshooting the problem. And someone else will chime in

And since you have a slim - what's your drive ? Hitachi ? Lite On ?

On the Lite ONs - you gotta know if its MXIC or Winbond. Have you installed an unlock switch or swapped pcb's ?

#7 Rob Kelz

Rob Kelz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

It's an Hitachi DL10N

I thought this drive couldn't be flashed?

#8 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE(Rob Kelz @ Sep 25 2012, 09:58 AM) View Post

It's an Hitachi DL10N

I thought this drive couldn't be flashed?

oooh - Hitachi .... ya- you are in a different game there.

Are you the original owner ? Or did you get your Slim second hand? ... Prior owner might have tried to Flash.

If not - you might have to turn this over to Microsoft or someone who is REALLY good at correcting these issues.

Could also be a corrupt Dashboard Update. Maybe Microsoft will correct free of charge. You'll have to do some digging

Your console might be flagging itself. Either in error or thru Xbox Live. You need to get some of the other Guru's to chip in on the conversation

#9 Rob Kelz

Rob Kelz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

I don't think Microsoft would replace it as I have already opened it to change the laser?

Anyone have any suggestions please? sad.gif Was working fine playing both games and dvds now will only play dvds

Now and again I get 'Play Game' but no picture or anything and when I press A to play game it just goes to load and then goes back to the dashboard? Kinda like a loop, But doesn't always show 'Play Game'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users