2 replies to this topic

#1 Oneinchbiceps

Oneinchbiceps

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

Trying to fix an Xbox 360 for a friend that's stuck on a messed up update. It ask for it right as soon as the machine boots. I can't access the dashboard or anything. I've tried installing the newest update by USB and CD isn't doing anything. I think it needs the update for the game it was getting it from. The game was Modern Warfare 3. I don't have a copy of that handy. I don't really have any newer Xbox 360 games to update with.

Does anybody know the update I need to get this update finished. I'm honestly not sure what went wrong when my friend installed the update. I asked em if the drive was flashed to play burned disc and he said no. He just said when he tried playing Modern Warfare it messed up.

I just get a message that says can't upgrade disc and that's all I can get the Xbox to display.

#2 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

Download all 5 of the last MS updates and start one by one. Best advice I can give you.

#3 Oneinchbiceps

Oneinchbiceps

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Trying to find old update does Microsoft keep them online? I thinking it might be one around Nov 2011 when the game came out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users