1 reply to this topic

#1 Mr.RedRing

Mr.RedRing

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

I recently came into possession of an xKey for the 360, but it's a first revision xKey and has the Flexible Flat Cable, rather then USB all the way through.

Im missing the USB dongle, but it LOOKS like from pictures that it's simple a passthrough to the USB port. Can I simply splice the FFC cable into a USB extension cord I have? Will it work the same or is there some other special stuff on the inside of that dongle that would prevent that?

If it's possible to simply solder up a USB cable to where the FFC cable starts on the xKey board, does anyone have any pinouts for the xKey board?

Any help is greatly appreciated guys!!!

#2 Rat Teeth

Rat Teeth

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

Can I simply splice the FFC cable into a USB extension cord I have? Will it work the same or is there some other special stuff on the inside of that dongle that would prevent that?

If it's possible to simply solder up a USB cable to where the FFC cable starts on the xKey board, does anyone have any pinouts for the xKey board?

Hi there Mr Red Ring Sting,

I don't believe you can do that, the ribbon cable you have is 8 pin, usb is 4 pin prior to usb 3.0 which is 9 pin.

If the usb dongle is the same as the dongle on the x360dock, then inside is a small pcb. So if thats the case you'll definitely need to acquire one in order to get it to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users