• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 splatt2012

splatt2012

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:58 AM

After many hours of frustration (with faulty equipment) I finally managed to format a 1TB WD with xboxhdm 1.7

Because of the adapter, unless I power on and wait 15 seconds before plugging in the AV cables, I get error 9. But that's not my main problem.

When I set up xboxhdm I followed the tutorial I ftped into my softmodded xbox. I copied all the files from C and E and I put the eeprom where it belonged. Then I burned the linux .iso to CD

I built the new hard drive from scratch and had no problems locking it Much to my surprise, the XBMC that was on my original drive was gone. When I booted the 1TB I had a stock dash.

So I got my old Splinter Cell game and memory card. I transferred the game save and ran the linux installer. Everything is fine until I try to reboot. I just get a black screen. So I tried to install the softmod again and got an options screen with a "activate softmod" option. When I click on that I just get a message saying
FAILURE
Batch process failed
The last item was:.
Action: rename

Which is gibberish to me.

I even rebuilt the hard drive a couple of times and started fresh. But it made no difference. Is there any way to mod the system using my PC? The only IDE ROM I have is a CDROM. And since this isn't 1998, I only have one blank CD-R left. I can't really do any experimenting I also do not have a flash drive- just USB hard drives. So I'm a bit overwhelmed at this point. This seems like it should be so easy. But it's been a complete nightmare.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

#2 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:55 AM

It sounds like you didn't disable the Shadow C before copying your C drive files off the original hard drive. The Shadow C is a fake C drive to protect your real softmodded C files from being deleted or overwritten. In the interest of preserving your last blank CD, what you should do now is to just start up the Splinter Cell exploit to get FTP access (just leave it on the installer screen) and then FTP into your Xbox, delete the existing files in the C drive, and upload a fresh set of dashboard version 5960 files. After you do that, turn off your Xbox and turn it back on again and this time try to install the softmod via Splinter Cell. Hopefully deleting and re-uploading your C drive files will clear up whatever problems you had installing the softmod.

#3 splatt2012

splatt2012

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure where to get the files you suggested or even wher to put them. I was unable to FTP into the xbox anyway.

So I rebuit the hard drive for the 1000 time I added the Splinter Cell mod. But this time, by sheer luck I was abe to ghost the C drive on reboot. I set dual boot through the menu so that powering on with the eject loads the second dash.

Now if I boot, I get a back screen. But if I press the eject button a couple of times, it loads evox. I set the IP address and can FTP into the box with no problem. But I'm a little confused by the file structure. I have Autobuider (the full version) and all the files. I downloaded it after reading your post. But I have no idea where to put the dashboard.

I just want it to boot straight to the to the modded dash without having to use any tricks- like holding down the eject button. This is just a test run anyway, once I have this figured out, I would like to put a 2TB in the machine. And a coupe of friends want me to do thier systems.

So where would I put evox to make it the default dash and have it oad without tricks?

Thanks again for the help.

#4 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

Forget about Autobuilder and download Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc (Hexen). Use Hexen to repair and reinstall your softmod. There's a version of Hexen that will work from your E: hard disk drive instead of needing to burn it to a DVD if you don't have any DVDs to spare.

#5 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Family&Children, Traveling, Skateboarding, Cars, Electronics, Music, G4TV, Nice Homes, GTA Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE(AZImmortal @ Sep 25 2012, 03:16 PM) View Post

Forget about Autobuilder and download Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc (Hexen). Use Hexen to repair and reinstall your softmod. There's a version of Hexen that will work from your E: hard disk drive instead of needing to burn it to a DVD if you don't have any DVDs to spare.

Wow, I didn't know that was possible. What version is that exactly?

#6 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:33 AM

Google for "Hexen for hard drive not dvd".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users