• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 valorous77

valorous77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

Hello I have had this question up on a different forum and no answers.
you guys here have always helped me with what i need so this is the first time i could not find the answer I need.
I jtagged my xbox to recover a lost dvd key everything went very well got the key flashed the drive and the dvd drive played games and worked great.
I finished the jtag and put freestyle dash on and then removed the cable.
now the drive has no power and wont open and just has open tray like the drive is not installed and the center light blinks rapidly.
please can someone please help answer why this happened after i removed the jtag cable?

#2 duhasst0

duhasst0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:35 AM

What cable did you remove? There is some wiring that needs to stay in and there is some can be taken out. Seems like you may have removed the dvd cable to be honest.

#3 valorous77

valorous77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:48 AM

here is an image of what i left attached:
http://imgur.com/ptWYM.png

here is the image i used for the jtag to parallel:
http://i.imgur.com/U93J1.jpg
I only removed the cable that goes from board to pc I left the two diodes and jump wire intact from first image.

#4 duhasst0

duhasst0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

Check and make sure the sata and power cable are installed correctly and firmly in place. If thats not it then its possible that the smc is incorrect. Try building a new image.

#5 valorous77

valorous77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

im sorry im still new to jtagging
but why would it work fine until i removed the cable?
prolly a dumb question lol

Edited by valorous77, 28 September 2012 - 08:33 AM.

#6 Gazc0igne

Gazc0igne

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

if the drive still ejects etc outside of the console using a CK3 etc the drive is fine and the console has been fried somehow, most likely blown the Southbridge with careless soldering/wires.

blinking LED on console means the console cant see the drive at all.

#7 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(duhasst0 @ Sep 28 2012, 03:21 AM) View Post

Check and make sure the sata and power cable are installed correctly and firmly in place. If thats not it then its possible that the smc is incorrect. Try building a new image.

It's been a minute since I've done a JTAG but I'm pretty sure SMC would just lead to a e74 or e79 error some where along them lines. I've had the same issue he's having with the blinking red light. Something is shorting some where wink.gif

Take pictures of your install and post or upload them some where so we can see what you have going on. Also whats the MB type.

#8 valorous77

valorous77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

ok I will take pics after work and get them up.
I thought maybe one of the old solder points might have been youching something
but same issue even out of the cage.
its not a red blinking its the center green blinks rapidly like the drive is not present or is unplugged.
the drive worked great and played games till i dc'd the cable that goes from board to pc.
I left the 2 dioeds and the jump wire because if removed i get the e79 once back on it fires right up.
I checked points to make sure no solder was bridging anything i just really dont want to go back and solder the cable on again just to make it work because i was gonna use the cable to do another one once i recv'd it.
thank you again for your help and i will get pics up soon and I hope we can get this figured out.
I play games off the thumb drive but have soo many burnt games id like to play again also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users