7 replies to this topic

#1 scrimpus

scrimpus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

While atempting to flash with JF and PMT I got the phat key extrction failed message and now the drive is totally dead and is no longer recognized. I do not have a dump of this drive. I did not plug the drive in upside down and there was no sparks or smoke. I havent flashed a lite-on in a long time and I have no idea what to do now. I sort of remember recovering one in DOS a long time ago but I dont remember how. Please help.

#2 Gazc0igne

Gazc0igne

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

unfortunately if you have bricked the drive you have lost the data on it ie your DVD key.

does the drive eject etc when placed into console?

need more info ie how you are powering the drive, type of probe etc

if your dashboard kernel is below 14717 and you have a RGH compatible model you can RGH it to get the data back

#3 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

did you turn it off and on a couple times then refresh the drive in jungle flasher?

#4 scrimpus

scrimpus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

The drive does not eject. I have power cycled the drive several times. I am using a home built connectivity device I have used many times before. The drive has not been erased, I only got as fat as the phatkey extract when my PC turned itself off. I rebooted the PC and the drive has been unresponsive since. I have a coolrunner rev. B but I cant seem to find a decent guide to RGH without a usb device like nand-x and all I have is a Lpt jtag cable.

Edited by scrimpus, 28 September 2012 - 09:49 PM.

#5 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:44 AM

try using a different connectivity kit.

#6 scrimpus

scrimpus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

I have two, both work fine on other drives. The drive work power up from the console either. Its totally comatose. Im working on RGH right now to get the key but I cant find a program to build and flash the nand. What I really need now is good all in one program to get xell on it thats work with and LPT cable as I dont have a usb device.

#7 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:45 AM

look into jrunner. it is as noob friendly as it gets.

#8 scrimpus

scrimpus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

Jrunner will program the glitch chip via lpt but I saw no option to read/write the nand, only usb. I used 360-hackbox to get xell going but it wouldnt create a freeboot image for some reason, so I did that part with jrunner and flashed with 360-hackbox. The drive is still dead but its not needed now, thanks for the help.

Edited by scrimpus, 29 September 2012 - 09:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users