4 replies to this topic

#1 CoximusPrime

CoximusPrime

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hi guys,

I'm looking at an xbox for a friend. He had the RROD, tried the towel trick, and killed it completely (to the point where he then tried a heat gun and accidentally removed a bunch of capacitors under the CPU whist the solder was reflowing) ... so he bought an xbox mainboard from ebay and fitted it .... that works but the when you put an original xbox 360 game in the dashboard says, "Play DVD." So I'm guessing that the drive firmware needs hacking to work with this main board? I don't know much on this side of things as I've only ever changed firmware to allow me to play backup games. My issue is that I don't know which drive was connected to this mainboard in the first place .... Does anyone have any ideas to point me in the right direction?? I have the xbox here and in bits so if any additional info is needed I'll post here.

Cheers everyone

#2 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:06 PM

That's the problem. you don't know the Dvdkey. so it will never work. Unless you have a jtaggable or Rghable unit, you will never play games(either via disc or hdd) with that 360.

#3 CoximusPrime

CoximusPrime

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

I don't know the exact model off hand but it's a phat console with HDMI so I should be able to get a coolrunner and RGH it. Once I do that, what is needed to make the drive work with this mainboard?

Cheers

#4 CoximusPrime

CoximusPrime

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(CoximusPrime @ Sep 30 2012, 06:33 PM) View Post

I don't know the exact model off hand but it's a phat console with HDMI so I should be able to get a coolrunner and RGH it. Once I do that, what is needed to make the drive work with this mainboard?

Cheers

Anybody??

#5 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

Get the DVD KEY, from there either remove the RGH and flash the drive or leave the RGH at that point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users