• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wwonka74

wwonka74

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:56 AM

I recently purchased an Xbox Elite edition with the 120Gb drive with a broken DVD drive. It has the ability to play from the Xbox HDD Call of Duty:Black Ops, Red Dead Redemption and a few other older games (all of these I do own but they came with the HDD as well)

I've opened the Xbox up and all I can tell is that it has been opened before so I'm assuming it's a firmware hack on the DVD drive. But I'm unsure.

It is a Jasper board with a BENQ drive. I have tried to copy Borderlands 2 from another unmodified 360 to the 120Gb Elite drive and the game does not play. Call of Duty: Black Ops still plays. I'm wondering if this is due to some of the AP things I've been reading about.

I have read up quite a bit but I'm stuck at not knowing exactly what I have in front of me and what I can do to upgrade / alter / change to play games from the HDD since the DVD player is broken on the Elite.

I'd like to be able to do more with this 360 than play black ops and rdr any help is appreciated.

Things I know:
1. Anything copied to the USB stick comes up as corrupted data.
2. Dashboard is 2.0.13599.0
3. There is no additional hardware inside the xbox

Thanks in advance

#2 wwonka74

wwonka74

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

After dinking around a bit unsuccessfully to get my DVDKey from the drive I have found it not to be a BENQ and it is in fact a Lite On drive.

So my question would be what mod is this and how do I update it? (specifically what is required)

Finding out the DVDKey I'm sure would be helpful but I'm assuming that needs the v3 probe that I do not own and would have to purchase.

#3 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

Download the Jungle Flasher Tutorial.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users