1 reply to this topic

#1 Megabox

Megabox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

Hi all.

I recently got my old xbox out to have a go at retro heaven but the crappy Thompson DVD drive kept giving me the disk read error. So tried to fix it but the drive is now dead, so bought a used drive off ebay. Not easy to get now. Xbox was well made, not like 360 but the DVD drive is the weak part of it.

Anyway I found out by chance that you can play roms and emulators on the Xbox by softmoding it. Now I'm used to playing emulators on PC, not a games console. I have looked around the web but a lot of outdated and confusing guides. I want to have XBMC and coin ops, all roms and emulators

I have some noob question.

I have a USB to XBOX cable with PAL splintercell. I have got that part right but I had trouble finding the files to use with a USB memory stick. Are these the correct files? ++ModEdit: Redacted: XS filters exist for a reason++

There seem to be a version 2, whats the best ones? I also need the games saves as I don't have the action reply.

Q2 what is the optimum size hard drive to use with the XBOX for all roms and emulators? I have a 120GB and a 400GB IDE but don't want to waste drive space or not have enough.

Q3 I'm not asking you to link for roms but how does it work with XBOX. Do the roms have to be made to work with Xbox or can I use the roms I already have on my PC? Or is their a ISO with them all on and will install for you?

Can you link to some simple guides and how to do all this. Whats the easy way to ugrade HD? As it seems a lot of messing about to swap drives over.

Edited by Xombe, 04 October 2012 - 04:43 AM.

#2 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

1) Please do not post those links on our forum. They are filtered for a reason.

2) Please do not ask about how to obtain copyrighted material on our forums.

3) Your other questions run afoul of the above two guidelines. As such, this is not the place for your answers.

4) There are literally dozens upon dozens on links on the XS Mainpage and the Softmod (exploits) forums. I would suggest a read of those.

5) Topic closed. See 1, 2 & 3. Spend some time doing 4.

Edited by Xombe, 04 October 2012 - 04:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users