Photo

Lite On "open Tray Error", Reads Only Original Xbox Games.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 CrysisLTU

CrysisLTU

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Half-Life 2 for the Original Xbox modding.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

So, originally I flashed my drive to LT+ 3.0, worked ok with a new laser, though the laser was crap. After about a month the laser stopped working. I though - oh, the laser probably died. So I got a new laser, and still the same problem. Got another one with a blue lens - it will only read original Xbox games (Xbox 1, not Xbox 360). I don't have any legit Xbox 360 games around, so I can't test them. DVD Movies and burnt 360 games won't work, I get the open tray error. CD's also work. Tried the pot mod - same thing. Sometimes DVD movies show up as an unrecognized disc. Tried to reflash a couple of times. The laser is not staying at the back of the drive. What's the problem here? I went through like 3 different lasers and the same problem still remains. A bad PCB? I did replace it, because my original one got fried. But why did the games work fine in the first place - after I flashed for the first time? A bad worm motor or the worm motor white piece thingy? I've read something about laser calibration data, it sometimes is erased when flashed and then the laser doesn't know where it's at when reading a game. Is that it? Also, the laser ribbon cable doesn't look great but all the pins have good continuity. Thanks for the help.

#2 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(CrysisLTU @ Oct 6 2012, 08:27 AM) View Post

I don't have any legit Xbox 360 games around, so I can't test them.

Get some, create your back up noting how what method you used to do so, and you'll find that we're then able to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users