• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jigsaw2793

Jigsaw2793

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Really, I just don't get it. So basically I suffer from the e74 error like everybody else. Now, I've done plenty of modding to the thing to help prevent it. Proper reflow, cutting out the metal and plastic mesh in the back for more airflow, I've mounted the dvd drive on top of the system, put a 120mm fan on top the case blowing into the cpu and mini gpu heatsinks AND i've screwed an 80mm fan on top of the gpu heatsink blowing into it. The air coming out the back is luke-warm at best with all this. Still, after three and a half weeks of doing all of this crap, the error came back yesterday. Is my system just prone to this? Is a reball is in order I assume? I've just about had it with this piece of shit machine.

#2 Weirdjerz3y

Weirdjerz3y

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

I actually just fixed a E74 xbox earlier this week. The GPU itself is dying and need to be replaced. After I replaced the GPU, Green lights. I put the E74 on a working xbox to test its the gpu, and that xbox now had E74. E74 is basically, The Edram on GPU is dying. Replace it. Sometimes it is H(ANA) but say 90% is usually GPU related.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users