3 replies to this topic

#1 austinw24

austinw24

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Alright here's the quick and dirty:
I am softmodding an Xbox with the Splinter Cell Exploit, an xbox memory card, controller and adapter.
I am using Windows XP with Action Replay installed (version1.31)
I am using a female xbox controller connection to USB adapter and plugging the memory card (not memory stick, its an actual 16MB Xbox Memory Card.)
So, quick diagram:

Computer -- USB port -- USB -- xbox controller port -- xbox controller -- memory card

The computer recognizes the memory card just fine. I have USBView and have changed the yyyy and zzzz codes in the Action Replay files. however, when doing the device manager step, I cannot get it to find or install the USBIO driver for the memory card. It simply doesn't show up in the list, Action Replay doesn't recognize the memory card but the computer does.

I have also tried this all on Windows 7 with no luck.

Xbox Controller and memory card both work perfectly when connected to the xbox so it must be software related.

I am not sure if there is a driver needed for the controller first or what. Any help is greatly appreciated

I do have TeamViewer if anyone is available to help, I will turn on Remote Support and just let you do it.

Edited by austinw24, 07 October 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

I am not positive, but I would try installing the controller driver too.
Also, it would help if we knew what tutorial you were following so we can see what "the device manager step" consists of.

#3 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

Have you tried choosing the driver yourself instead of letting Windows try to find it? If that doesn't work, then you can try using Xplorer360, which can browse the memory card without drivers installed.

#4 austinw24

austinw24

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

Thanks for the quick replys guys.

Tutorial I am using is: (For some reason, it keeps breaking the link with an XS filter) it is at xboxHQ
copy and paste after the .com "/html/xbox-tutorials-194.html"
Does anyone have a link to the xbox controller driver? I looked but could only find Xbox360 drivers.

I have tried to manually install the driver, and have turned off the requirement for driver signing (When I used windows 7).

Does xplorer360 work for uploading SID installer 5.1 onto memory card? If that is not the softmod installer I should use, what are your recommendations?

Alright, UPDATE:

Xplorer360 worked so far, it injected the files perfectly. They show up on the memory card when plugged into the xbox. however, I cannot copy them to the xbox hard drive. Is that necessary for the softmod or can I load saves from a memory card?

UPDATE: AGAIN

Xplorer worked perfectly. I was selecting the save folder instead of the save itself on the xbox memory screen. Copy went great. Install worked perfectly. and Softmod is fantastic.

For anyone looking to softmod for only a couple bucks and don't have a computer to hotswap, this is the easiest thing to do. Memory card was $1.29 on amazon with free shipping, Splinter Cell was $4.99 with free shipping and the adapter was $7 on amazon. Definitely a great way to do it. Just use Xplorer360 and remember to drag files instead of selecting "Insert File".

Thanks for all the help guys.

Edited by austinw24, 07 October 2012 - 10:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users