• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rascalov

Rascalov

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

Hi. I'm looking into buying a Dual Nand Slim RGH. I've never had a RGH before and there are a few things that I'm still not sure about. My understanding is that with a Dual Nand you can still access Xbox Live. I was wondering, how does that work? Is there some kind of switch or menu option you would choose to allow you to go on Live with an RGH? Also, I found a guy on another site selling RGHs and his listing states that dual nand slims include a 14719 backup. I don't really know what constitutes. Does that mean you need to install a different dash every time you go on Live?

Thanks for any responses guys.

#2 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE(Rascalov @ Oct 7 2012, 06:19 PM) View Post

Hi. I'm looking into buying a Dual Nand Slim RGH. I've never had a RGH before and there are a few things that I'm still not sure about. My understanding is that with a Dual Nand you can still access Xbox Live. I was wondering, how does that work? Is there some kind of switch or menu option you would choose to allow you to go on Live with an RGH? Also, I found a guy on another site selling RGHs and his listing states that dual nand slims include a 14719 backup. I don't really know what constitutes. Does that mean you need to install a different dash every time you go on Live?

Thanks for any responses guys.

There is a switch that you can go between retail nand and RGH nand. You change before turning on your console. You need a 14719 backup in order to keep updating your console to further RGH nands when the XBOX dashboard gets updated. You need to update the RGH dash everytime you update xbox live dashboards and raise the LDV in those.

If you are not so sure about doing this and want the easiest way, then I suggest 2 separate consoles. You might possibly get black screens from a bad update or if you didnt change the LDV and would require hooking up a programmer to fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users