Photo

Broke A Small Piece Off My X360 S Motherboard..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 epond

epond

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

Hello I have an X360 S that gives me the RDOD with error code 0031. When attempting a reflow, under the Xclamp I found a piece that was "out of place" aka was not in line with the others and one end was not connected to where it should have been. The part im talking about was one of these things...

IPB Image

when i touched the thing (barely) it popped off. Amazingly I recovered the piece and still have it. I try to use hot air to solder it back to the board but it just blows out of place. It seems to be too small for me to solder back on by hand. How would I go about repairing this? Would this cost a lot for a professional to repair? What is this part? Is it important? thx

#2 Avinitlarge

Avinitlarge

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

It will work without it anyway

#3 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Avinitlarge is probably right - 360 should be able to work without one. That ceramic cap is just acting as a filter I believe.

In order to solder back on, you need: flux, 60/40 solder, the proper iron and tip and some tweezers.

To solder in place: you use the tweezers to hold in place. You tack one end with the iron. Should be able to let go with the tweezers at that point. Then tack the other end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users