• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rat Teeth

Rat Teeth

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

in the event of a disk becoming scratched/unreadable, can a game that has been installed to a xbox hard drive be extracted then be burnt off again to create back up?

if so, please point me in the right direction - software, tutorial etc?

thanks

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

You can FTP the game to the computer. From there you can build an ISO and burn it.

Never tried it, but it may work.

I have all my original Xbox games backed up to an external drive. If my hard drive in the Xbox dies, I can FTP them back over. Much easier than burning discs and ripping them again.

#3 Rat Teeth

Rat Teeth

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

thanks 1hotjob, i was wondering if i could remove the 2.5inch hdd from the xbox hdd casing, then use sata cable connecting hdd to pc and then extract the game from it, can this be done with the likes of xplorer360 or usbxtafgui software? thanks

#4 xboxdawg

xboxdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Why not just buy a $25-$30 Benq or Liteon xbox drive and flash it with 0800 firmware and use Xbox backup creator? That way you know you have a good backup.

#5 Rat Teeth

Rat Teeth

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE(xboxdawg @ Oct 11 2012, 07:16 PM) View Post

Why not just buy a $25-$30 Benq or Liteon xbox drive and flash it with 0800 firmware and use Xbox backup creator? That way you know you have a good backup.

thanks for the reply xboxdawq,

i am aware of the above method, just wondering if its possible to extract from xbox hdd's

thx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users