9 replies to this topic

#1 upur0

upur0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

I have been out of the scene for a while, but getting back in it, my bios is out of date (X2 4977) I am trying to upgrade to X2 4983 (I am assuming this will be the best bios to get, or at least will give me all the features that I will need).

I have a 1.0 Xbox TSOP that I am flashing, so in the X2 kit, I made a 1MB bios.

Now I cannot figure out how do get it flashed. I remember years ago when upgrading to 4977 I used evox and just put the bios in c:/bios/bios.bin and let it upgrade and it worked fine. Now when I go to that option in evox, the bios is not there.

I have also tried the Eurasia Flasher Tool. The problem with this method is that I have a bad DVD drive, so I have a PC DVD drive hooked up to the Xbox that I play my games on, when I go to insert the second disc in with the bios I want to flash, the Xbox will not recognize the disc, and the Xbox DVD Drive is so bad that it will not even boot it in the first place.

I looked into Config Magic, but all I could figure out was to get my EEPROM flashed, which I do not believe that I want to do.

Can someone please help me out, I am kind of stumped on where to go from here.
Also, if any of the info I said is incorrect please let me know (i.e. 1.0 TSOPs do use a 1MB bios right?)

#2 upur0

upur0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

UPDATE: I tried the Hexen disc. When I tried to boot from DVD, my Xbox light turns Red and nothing happens. When I try to boot it from the hard drive, the light flashes green and red and I get an error (13)

EDIT: Well the red light was supposed to come up in Hexen, but I still cannot get my TSOP flashed there. The BIOS files are not copying like it says it it doing.

Please help.
Thanks

Edited by upur0, 12 October 2012 - 04:07 AM.

#3 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

what is your tsop chip?

#4 upur0

upur0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:42 AM

What do you mean? It is the v1.0 1MB NTSC TSOP, currently flashed with X2 4977.

#5 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

He means the manufacturer. Is it a Hynix/Hundai, Sharp, Winbond, ST, or Amtel? Guessing Hynix/Hundai...

It makes a difference because if it was, just for example, a Winbond, Evox won't flash it. Only raincoat will, if memory serves.

#6 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=231408
Identifing the tsop.

HeXEn disc has the capability to flash all known versions of tsop.

#7 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

hexen uses 2 basic flash processes.. the 1st is basically the same as evox, but you get to chose the bios from the disk and it moves it where you want.
then for winbond it uses what to me looks like gentoox again it lets you chose the bios 1st, but you will usually need an official xbox controller to use it "not 3rd party"

but you have to know if you have winbond or other tsop.
and a sharp tsop needs an extra wire solderd on the lpc to a pad on the board.

id be inclined to ask how you solderd the pads up the 1st time round too..

did you solder or use some sort of conductive silver paint/ink.

also And probably most importantly..

what error message do you get if any ..

Edited by shambles1980, 12 October 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#8 upur0

upur0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

Thanks for the responses, but this problem finally got resolved.

I used Hexen, I do not know why but this thing would just not copy at all when booting off of a dvd. I extracted the iso, didn't work, that was what was giving me the errors I was talking about earlier.

I found that there is a version specifically for use off of a hard drive. Downloaded it, FTP'd over, booted it, files transferred like they were supposed to and now I am on X2 4981 (not my ideal BIOS, but I do not care, it is doing what I want it to now)

#9 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

glad you found a use for the hexen for hdd i edited lol..
remember heimdall did all the work. all i did was edit some of his stuff to make it work from the hard disk.

also, there was an initial release and then the second release.

I had the inital release deleted from the server i uploaded it to. but it could have been spread about by downloaders..

so try and get the newer version.
or atleast get the CFG file update i released to fix a few menu items that should not be used from the hard disk.

Edited by shambles1980, 13 October 2012 - 01:05 AM.

#10 upur0

upur0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE(shambles1980 @ Oct 12 2012, 07:02 PM) View Post

glad you found a use for the hexen for hdd i edited lol..
remember heimdall did all the work. all i did was edit some of his stuff to make it work from the hard disk.

also, there was an initial release and then the second release.

I had the inital release deleted from the server i uploaded it to. but it could have been spread about by downloaders..

so try and get the newer version.
or atleast get the CFG file update i released to fix a few menu items that should not be used from the hard disk.

Thank you for editing that, that would have been way over my head. You and heimdall got this thing working for me without a doubt!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users