• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

Team-Xecuter and c4eva announce 'LT Ultimate'
Posted by GaryOPA | October 29 18:00 EST | News Category: Xbox360

More info on 'The Lord Of The Hacks'...

Team-Xecuter has released more info on an upcoming new DVD Drive PCB and DVD Firmware nicknamed 'LT Ultimate'. First details and video inside!

Xbox-Scene

Things are getting exciting on the XBOX 360 scene too as Team-Xecuter announced a few days ago a new upcoming hack simply called "The Lord of the Hacks", and it was revealed that c4eva just started to work on the Hitachi 0500/0502 drives.

Well, both the team and c4eva have finally shared details on the upcoming hack: they are working on a new DVD Drive PCB and a DVD Firmware called "LT Ultimate". This new PCB and FW will be compatible with all current Xbox Drives and will only require the DVD Key (no need for a FW dump).

Here's all the info revealed in its official website:

You wanted more info…….

How about one version Unlocked DVD PCB running a new Live Play & Update safe and tested LT Ultimate fw from C4E for all slims including:

Liteon DG-16D4S 9504 (Tested & 100% Complete)
Liteon DG-16D4S 0272 (Tested & 100% Complete)
Liteon DG-16D4S 0225 (Tested & 100% Complete)
Liteon DG-16D4S 0401 (Tested & 100% Complete)
Liteon DG-16D4S 1071 (Tested & 100% Complete)
Liteon DG-16D5S 1175 (Tested & 100% Complete)
Liteon DG-16D5S 1532 (Tested & 100% Complete)
Hitachi DLN10N 0500 (Tested & 100% Complete)
Hitachi DLN10N 0502 (Tested & 100% Complete)

It also no longer matters if you had a previous full fw dump or not. DVD Key only required.

Now you know why we showed the fw name as LT Ultimate. Is this good enough for you ?

Here is a video demo of another world first – a Liteon DG-16D5S 1532 working with the new LT Ultimate Firmware and the new PCB Upgrade….

Well, what do you think? For now, just stay tuned and watch the shared video below!

News-Source: Team-Xecuter and c4eva announce 'LT Ultimate' (via) 360Crunch

#2 Kushan

Kushan

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

Maybe I'm being INCREDIBLY naive on this one, but can someone explain to me why I should be excited about this? Ok if you're on hitachi for example, it's good news for you but aside from that, is it a big deal?

#3 Bradley687

Bradley687

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

Wow dude thats ungrateful comment to say....

Great news for all those drives LT will now support. I'm still using my Jasper from 2008 but should I need a newer xbox to get hacked/modified, I don't have to worry, cause its covered.

Great news overall!!!!

#4 coolstuff_herm

coolstuff_herm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

Fantastic news for those who have been patiently waiting, well worth the wait.
Just one thing those of us who changed the PSB to the team xcuter version when it was released i take it we will now be buying a new board to flash future updates as it does state this new LTU is specifically for use with the new Slim DVD PCB or will the team release two versions of future firmwares non LTU and LTU?
Other question is now availablity and price of this new wonder board?

Great new and many many thanks for all the hard work

#5 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE(coolstuff_herm @ Oct 29 2012, 08:17 PM) View Post

Fantastic news for those who have been patiently waiting, well worth the wait.
Just one thing those of us who changed the PSB to the team xcuter version when it was released i take it we will now be buying a new board to flash future updates as it does state this new LTU is specifically for use with the new Slim DVD PCB or will the team release two versions of future firmwares non LTU and LTU?
Other question is now availablity and price of this new wonder board?

Great new and many many thanks for all the hard work

Too much and as always, will be over priced. I'll wait on another free solution wink.gif

#6 xiaNaix

xiaNaix

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:22 AM

Doesn't look like this is anywhere near finished and will probably be a long while before it's released. sleeping.gif

#7 insanity4all

insanity4all

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE(coolstuff_herm @ Oct 29 2012, 07:17 PM) View Post

Just one thing those of us who changed the PSB to the team xcuter version when it was released i take it we will now be buying a new board to flash future updates as it does state this new LTU is specifically for use with the new Slim DVD PCB...

y upgrade that which is not "broken"?

#8 coolstuff_herm

coolstuff_herm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

so when LTU 1.1 or what ever the new firmware after will be on the next update (LT 4.0 for new security by pass it states) can only be used on there new boards. no a case of upgrading more of case it will it be supported? or is C4E goign to write LTU and LT for the slims.

Edited by coolstuff_herm, 30 October 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#9 ichigoxxx

ichigoxxx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

so it looks like LT ultimate will only be available with this PCB.

#10 PedrosPad

PedrosPad

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE(Xbox-Scene @ Oct 29 2012, 11:00 PM) View Post
they are working on a new DVD Drive PCB and a DVD Firmware called "LT Ultimate". This new PCB and FW will be compatible with all current Xbox Drives and will only require the DVD Key (no need for a FW dump).

My 2 cents....

From the clues provided, I suspect this is a universal interface board.

In a stock XBOX360, the console’s OS knows what ODD (Optical Disk Drive) is installed in that XBOX (its serial num (DVD key), and possibly its manufacturer). When the XBOX wants to boot a DVD, it communicates with the ODD using a protocol, sending it commands to read specific disk sectors, but it also sends it commands to instruct the ODD firmware to verify specific security characteristics that should be present on the original DVD media and feedback.

To guard against interception, these ODD protocol commands are encrypted using the drive’s unique DVD Key. The stock XBOX OS knows the DVD Key of the installed ODD, thus can use it to encrypt the ODD protocol commands, and the ODD knows it’s own DVD Key, thus can use it to decrypt the ODD protocol commands, action them, and encrypt responses. This is why you are not able to swap ODD drives between stock XBOX360s, and why it is necessary to extract the ODD’s specific DVD-key.

The current manufacturer and drive-specific ODD firmware hacks require someone (c4eva mainly it seems), to patch each manufacturer and drive-specific ODD firmware; to preserve the majority of the ODD drive firmware functionality (used to control the drive spin speed, position the read head, etc.), but to override the commands used to verify the specific security characteristics, and adjust these to always respond as if all is well - even if the security characteristics are not found on the inserted DVD media. XBOX ODD manufacturers do their upmost to guard against this, such as by encrypting the ODD firmware, preventing it being replaced/re-flashed, etc. All of which needs to be overcome to produce a hacked ODD firmware.

Once it became possible to extract an ODD’s specific DVD Key, this opened up the possibility of intercepting, decrypting, and interpreting the commands passing between the XBOX and the stock ODD. With this ability, why not let all the encrypted ODD commands pass thru from the XBOX to the ODD, BUT intercept, decrypt, and spot any reports of security characteristic failures in the responses from the ODD, and substitute these with a synthesized “All good” response, correctly encrypted.

This totally removes the requirement and effort needed to crack the firmware of each new ODD being used in the XBOX manufacture.

It is possible that ODD firmware can be updated/re-flashed by the console. This has happened in the past when new checks for new security characteristics have been introduced. As this re-flashing is achieved using specific ODD protocol commands, the interface board could decide to simply block this from occurring, but then your ODD would not be able to respond to the new security characteristics being used on newer original media. Better let the stock ODD firmware get updated (this way any new original DVD media would work right away). The firmware on the interface board would then be updated to spot the new style security characteristic failure responses, and to use new synthesized “All good” responses to these.

ONLY the ONE firmware in the interface board would need to be maintained and updated, irrespective of the wide variety of ODD manufacturers and ODD drive model firmwares out there.

PS:
If I recall correctly, one of the initial ODD drives used in the XBOX 360 manufacture did not have re-flashable firmware. (This was replaced with alternative ODD models that did in order to permit new security checks to be introduced.). As this model was unable to be updated to support newer security checks, the XBOX OS does not expect it to. If the XBOX OS simply knows the DVD-key, and determines the ODD type by using a protocol command to interrogate the ODD as to its model (and/or capabilities), the interface board may wish to always respond to the console claiming to be this drive/model. This would prevent the console from ever attempting to re-flash it, and the list of security responses is a known, finite, set.

PPS:
QUOTE(PedrosPad @ Oct 30 2012, 02:01 PM) View Post
PS:
If I recall correctly, one of the initial ODD drives used in the XBOX 360 manufacture did not have re-flashable firmware.
QUOTE(Defosho @ Mar 2 2011, 01:04 AM) View Post
The AP25 FAQ by Defosho
Which DVD drives support and use AP25?
All drives except for:
Samsung - all
Hitachi - v59 and lower

Maybe an interface board that presents any new model stock ODD as a old hacked Samsung ODD to the console. cool.gif

Edited by PedrosPad, 30 October 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#11 stanleycup

stanleycup

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

logic-sunrise.com it's french but clearly stipulates that will need rgh to dump 1175 Beurkkkk!!!! what a turn OFF!!!

#12 SoulInDeed

SoulInDeed

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

OK, I know I'm an idiot, but if we have an old phat console that's already running LT 3.0+, do we need LTU? Also, if we do, do we have to get our games reburned?

#13 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE(SoulInDeed @ Oct 31 2012, 02:26 PM) View Post

OK, I know I'm an idiot, but if we have an old phat console that's already running LT 3.0+, do we need LTU? Also, if we do, do we have to get our games reburned?

Last I heard everything was fine with LT+3.0 and no new checks have been introduced. Thus we should be fine on our old phat console.

This hack's target audience is people with slim consoles.

That being said, this is amazing stuff here. c4e never fails to amaze me.

#14 danthaman673

danthaman673

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Modding and Gaming 24/7
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

That's great news! an ODDemu on a drive PCB (can we use cheapo IHAS?, I dont see why nots lulz)

BUT: where is the 1175 key dump solution for USB pro 2 we were promised????? Do we have to wait until TX manufactures these PCBs (by which time, the 720 will be out anyways)??

Embedded VM is the future, no doubt (I called it years ago) however, we know what this will mean for the next gen.... I find it hard to believe they couldn't find other/better ways to do it without dropping this bomb early! I get that it's very time-consuming/expensive to find the sploits, and it's easier for them to do the hard-stuff for everyone else etc.. but surely it could have waited 3 months, & given us their current solutions (the newest drives can wait!!) Anyhoo.. I guess the horse has bolted now sad.gif we still need some decent key extraction methods for the 1175!

#15 40_ounce

40_ounce

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE(vb_encryption_vb @ Oct 29 2012, 05:42 PM) View Post

Too much and as always, will be over priced. I'll wait on another free solution wink.gif

I'm not trying to come off as an a55 here as you are a valued member here on x-scene. so I hope I can word this correctly. But it's the hard work of people like c4eva and the members of Team-Xecuter that allow others to "steal" and make cheaper and free alternatives to their hack. So remember someone has to do the hacking that will let you sell your modding services for a profit.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users