X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 09 July 2003 - 07:29 AM

Whenever I try to run Xbox Name Changer I get the error:

Run-Time error '339':
Component 'MSWINSCK.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is mossing or invalid.

Seems like an odd error because I am running a clean install on XP Pro with all the latest patches. I am trying to run the verson of xbox name changer that is in the one posted in the Tools section of xbox-scene.com. Thanks for any help.

#2 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 July 2003 - 07:31 AM

Go to Google, type MSWINSCK.OCX, find it, download it, and put it in the same folder as Xbox Name Changer.

#3 NFCTinken

NFCTinken

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 07:39 AM

Right after I made the post I found the correct libraries I need to download and update biggrin.gif . The application will now open, but will just sit at connecting...
I am able to ping my xbox and get a reply as well as FTP fine, but this just doesnt want to go. I made sure that the ip, user, and pass are all correct. Any ideas? Thanks.

#4 NFCTinken

NFCTinken

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 08:04 AM

Got it working. Just let it sit for a minute then when I noticed activity through my firewall I assumed it made a connection even though it still said "connecting." I entered in the new name then hit Change name and all is well. I verified the name change by opening Halo and going to System link option and my console name was changed correctly. Thanks for the help shanafan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users