• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

Microsoft announces Next Xbox event for May 21st
Posted by GaryOPA | April 25 21:50 EST | News Category: Xbox_Xbox360

Rumors were true after all...

Microsoft's next gen system will be revealed for the first time on their Xbox campus.

To be livestreamed and broadcasted on Spike TV.

Xbox-Scene

That's right, Microsoft will finally reveal its next-generation Xbox during a press conference at their Redmond, Washington Xbox campus on May 21 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific (6pm in the UK).

The event will take place three weeks before E3. Invites are now being sent out to the consumer press...

“A new generation revealed,” reads the invite. “Don Mattrick and the Xbox team invite you to the Xbox campus for a special unveiling.”

In a post on his blog, Xbox LIVE’s Major Nelson said the date marks “the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment.”

“On that day, we’ll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future,” said Major Nelson. “Then, 19-days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we’ll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.

“We are thrilled to pull back the curtain and reveal what we’ve been working on.”

The conference will be live streamed on Xbox.com, Xbox LIVE, and broadcast on Spike TV in the U.S. and Canada.

Stay tuned!

News-Source: Microsoft to unveil next-gen Xbox on May 21 (via) Gematsu

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

While I'm super excited for the console itself, I'm more excited to see what they're going to replace XNA with, and whether or not self-publishing on XBLA will be allowed. I'm crossing my fingers on both counts.

#3 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

i can't wait to see what they announce next month.

i don't anticipate them allowing self published releases, but that would be pretty awesome. (if they do, i'm sure they will still have the final say however, so that they can stop people from publishing emulators and such)

what is on my personal wishlist though is region free gaming. there are alot of region free games in the us, but unfortunately almost every japanese exclusive is locked down. you can count the number of region free jpn exclusives on your hands.

Edited by Reaper527, 26 April 2013 - 04:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users