• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

Rumor: Next Xbox landing in early November; $499 or $299 with a subscription
Posted by GaryOPA | April 25 23:09 EST | News Category: Xbox_Xbox360

According again to Paul Thurrott.

Windows blogger Paul Thurrott claims Microsoft's next-gen platform will launch during the same window as PlayStation 4; requires internet connection, full reveal at E3.

Xbox-Scene

Well, here goes another 'XBOX 720' rumor ahead of its reveal next month.

This one is again from Paul Thurrott, the blogger who successfully predicted the next XBOX reveal on May 21.

According to him, the platform will launch in November at $500, with a $300 'Xbox 720' also available. However, the $300 model will require consumers commit to two years of Xbox Live gold at an expected price of $10 month.

And, there's a lot more. Here's his full article titled "Here Comes the Next Xbox":

Microsoft on Wednesday confirmed that the next Xbox video game console, code-named Durango, will be revealed to the public during a special event at its Redmond campus on May 21. That event will kick off a multi-event unveiling that will continue through June and culminate with the release of the device, which is expected in early November.

On March 28, I exclusively revealed via Twitter that Microsoft had changed the original reveal date for the next Xbox from April 24 to May 21. So yesterday’s confirmation is interesting for two reasons, the least obvious of which is that the news came on April 24—the original date that the firm intended to reveal the next Xbox.

Here’s what I know about the next Xbox (along with some clearly identified conjecture).

• Early announce. The initial reveal date was pushed back from April 24 to May 21 so that Microsoft could better position the device against the PlayStation 4, which Sony announced in late February.

• Full (end user) announce. Microsoft will fully reveal details about the next Xbox, including the launch lineup of games, on the eve of the E3 tradeshow in early June 2013.

• Developer announce? It appears that Microsoft will discuss the next Xbox developer platform at the Build conference in San Francisco in late June, based on clues on the Build website.

• Launch. The next Xbox will launch in early November 2013.

• Windows 8 Core. The next Xbox is based on the "Core" (base) version of Windows 8. This suggests a common apps platform or at least one that is similar to that used by Windows 8. It also suggests that Microsoft could open up this platform to enthusiast developers. (That last bit is supposition on my part.)

• Price. Microsoft will initially offer two pricing models for the console: a standalone version for $499 and a $299 version that requires a two-year Xbox LIVE Gold commitment at an expected price of $10 per month.

• No entertainment box. Microsoft originally planned to offer both a “full” version of the next Xbox (with video game playing capabilities) and a lower-end entertainment-oriented version, code-named “Yuma,” that didn't provide gaming capabilities. But plans for Yuma are on hold, and no pure entertainment version of the next Xbox will appear in 2013 (or possibly ever).

• Blu-ray. The next Xbox will include a Blu-ray optical drive.

• Internet-connected. The next Xbox must be Internet-connected to use. This is the source of the “always on”/“always online” rumors and isn’t as Draconian as many seem to believe.

• Another Xbox 360. Microsoft will also deliver a third-generation Xbox 360 console this year that will be significantly less expensive than the current models. The new Xbox 360 is code-named “Stingray,” but it’s not clear whether this device is required because the next Xbox isn’t backward-compatible or because Microsoft simply wants a low-cost entertainment box alternative. (A third possibility—and to be clear, these possible reasons are all speculative—is that the Xbox 360 simply has life left in it and with dwindling component prices in the 8 years since the original launch, the firm can still make money selling such a device.)

There’s a lot I don’t know, of course. The name is a big area of speculation, and while I’ve heard nothing official, I’d be surprised if Microsoft didn’t just called it Xbox. I’ve never seen the console, nor have any idea what it might look like. And in addition to the aforementioned confusion over backward compatibility and the apps platform, there are questions surrounding Kinect (which I understand is integrated and non-optional) and of course the fabled (and possibly imaginary) Xbox Surface tablet. We’ll have to wait and see what Microsoft announces—or what it leaks—to find out more.

About the always-online requirement:

Xbox-Scene

There you have it. Remember, Microsoft’s May event will be broadcast live via Xbox.com, over Xbox LIVE, and on Spike TV in the U.S. and Canada. Stay tuned!

News-Source: Here comes Next Xbox (via) WindowsItPro

#2 garyopa

garyopa

X-S Expert

• Admin
  • 743 posts
  • Interests:Embedded Hardware and Firmware
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:12 AM

Here is missing picture from the news story, it appears on the front page, but not in the forums for some reason.

IPB Image

#3 orashev

orashev

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:38 AM

Sooo.... Xbox-Scene is back...?

#4 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

It is. We've had glitches along the way, but we're working on getting things sorted again.

#5 hyfall381

hyfall381

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

I'm just as excited to see news about a new Xbox as I am to see X-S come back to life! biggrin.gif

#6 leo5150

leo5150

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

my opinion is, it will debut at 499 not do well at all, and get a price drop pretty fast pop.gif

#7 defhead

defhead

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:50 AM

I've been opening and checking the life of XBS just about every day and this morning i couldn't be happier to see new content. My morning website checks are back in order. Thanks

#8 hondaguy207

hondaguy207

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:29 AM

Also happy to see xs wake back up!!

#9 CollinstheClown

CollinstheClown

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Modding, Computer repair/maintenance/upgrading, LASERs
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

WHOOOOOOOOO!

About damn time!! X-S forever! smile.gif

I think I'm coming up on 9 years here.

#10 ethelmonk

ethelmonk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

Can't wait til May 21. But like everyone else i have no choice.

#11 GoTeamScotch

GoTeamScotch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

After seeing the PS4 game footage, I'm extremely curious to see how the next Xbox stacks up graphics wise. And to see what they did with the controller. Going from OG Xbox to 360, there was a big difference in how the controllers felt and handled.

Side note, what's up X-S? smile.gif

#12 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

I still love xbox. I really hope they can pull of some high end PC graphics with these new consoles. PC gaming on the TV with a wireless controller has really driven me away from playing xbox games as of late. I understand the price point issues, but with steam and green man gaming along with a slew of other sellers really makes that 60 price point for game a head scratcher. Not to mention i used to rent tons of games seeing as there were 5 blockbusters in my area and the distribution center... now none of them exist.

Also remember most of the info here is generated by users - step up your game and help to make this the best place for info.

#13 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'm hopeful that the next xbox will dominate the living room in all aspects, both as a hard core gamer console, and as a casual gaming platform leaning towards the whole living room entertainment experience. Digitial PVR functionality would be nice.

Not always pleased with MS moving all their platforms towards the Metro or Modern UI, but it's gotta be a better experience than what some of the cable box unit provide today.

Here's to hoping for the best. Least we won't have long to wait. I'm also sure we will see more than just a controller when MS exposes the console in May.

#14 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing what gets announced. A new Xbox is way overdue! It'll be interesting to see if they have any changes to the controller, what exclusive games get announced, what DRM limitations they impose and if any backwards compatibility will exist. Either way, I don't think I'll be able to afford one for a couple of years at those prices! sad.gif
I think the days of traditional game consoles are numbered. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last generation of MS, Nintendo and Sony machines. The Wii U is already having trouble and I doubt Sony or MS will match anywhere near the sales of this generation.

Edited by sabbath_dude, 27 April 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#15 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

I was hoping for the Xbox TV thing but from what I am not seeing thats not going to happen any time soon. If some of the rumors I have seen are true then the next generation of Xbox can make things a lot better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users