• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

Next Xbox to work offline, according to leaked Microsoft memo
Posted by GaryOPA | May 6 18:48 EST | News Category: Xbox_Xbox360

'A number of scenarios expected to work without internet.'

According to an internal Microsoft memo obtained by Ars Technica, the next-gen Xbox won't require an always-on internet connection for many functions, including games...

Xbox-Scene

According to an allegedly leaked internal Microsoft memo emailed to "full-time employees" working on the next-generation Xbox, the upcoming console will NOT require an always-on internet connection for many of its functions, including "single-player gaming", or when "playing a Blu-ray disc"...

The memo, obtained by Ars Technica, says the following:

"Durango [the codename for the next Xbox] is designed to deliver the future of entertainment while engineered to be tolerant of today's Internet."

It continues, "There are a number of scenarios that our users expect to work without an Internet connection, and those should 'just work' regardless of their current connection status. Those include, but are not limited to: playing a Blu-ray disc, watching live TV, and yes playing a single player game."

If true, the memo also backs up the rumour that the new console will be capable of receiving (via a HDMI input) and relaying a TV video feed with its own UI and functionality layered over that of your existing set-top box...

The next-generation XBOX will be revealed at a special event on May 21. Stay tuned!

News-Source: Microsoft next Xbox will work even when your internet doesnt (via) ArsTechnica

#2 leo5150

leo5150

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:26 AM

it doesnt surprise me in the least, they WERE toying with the idea, till they saw backlash was allready building over it, so they dropped it pop.gif

#3 brauntje

brauntje

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:49 AM

Guys a bit off-topic, but I wan't to say that I'm glad that there is finally some activity on Xbox-Scene again. Good work, keep it up. Thanks for the efforts!!
cool.gif

#4 themashedavenger

themashedavenger

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

yer same braunte, welcome back guys n gals, would have been nice to have been kept in the loop abit though.
anyone know what happened?

Edited by themashedavenger, 08 May 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#5 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

Xbox with BluRay, didnt think that was going to happen.

#6 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE(leo5150 @ May 6 2013, 08:26 PM) View Post

it doesnt surprise me in the least, they WERE toying with the idea, till they saw backlash was allready building over it, so they dropped it pop.gif

I highly doubt any backlash received with in the past few months about a rumor changed the course. Everything is surely already finalized and a change that big would have had to have been implemented a long time ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users